MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What's this red line for?
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got on the list to order my MCSC in Georgia. My MA says she is hopeful that the order can go in later this month for a January build. Here's what I'm going for:

Pure silver with Grey cloth
Premium, Sport, Cold and Convenience packages
S-lite alloys with all-season tires.
manual 6sp

Some info you guys may be intersted in...

My MA said people who are on the waiting list for automatics are cancelling becasue the wait is too long for them :p

My MA also said the arm rest is now included in the premium package but has been delayed until February build due to "design issues" :confused:

Hopefully I'll get an order number soon so I don't have to take meds for the anxiety!

P.S. Has anyone bought from Global Imports in Atlanta? Just wanted to get some feedback. They seem nice so far.

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
Nice! And an early build date for you, too. Sweet! :)

I think the 2005 builds that start production in January have a few more options that can be ordered over the orignal '05s:
- Limited slip differential
- Automatic Transmision
- Steptronic paddles
- Auto dimming rearview mirror
- Center armrest
- Rain sensor and auto headlights

I think most of them are added cost but the arm rest may be standard as you say on the Premium Package.

JR

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JR for the info. I actually went back to the dealer today and added Cordoba leather seats to the pacakge. My MA bumped up my build date to December with delivery expected in late January. I should get a production number in a day or two :) Becaase of this though, I can't get the auto headlights or armrest :( . She said the armrest is a February build and I can't even see what it looks like yet.

Waht's the limited slip? It's not avail yet?

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
The "new build" is also supposed to add around $500 to the price. I was glad that I was able to get mine scheduled for delivery in Dec. to save the $$$.

I've seen a picture of the arm-rest somewhere but it was not installed - it looked a bit odd. I wasn't sure about it either.

Limited Slip Differential - aka PosiTraction - to prevent one of the drive wheeels from losing power if the other wheel begins spinning. A very nice addition.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to pay the 500 because of January Delivery. But my MA said I could wait even longer and she would sell "my car" to someone else when it comes in if I change my mind. I don't think I want to wait until April (at least for delivery). If I choose to let this car go after it comes in...I could get the auto headlights, limited slip and armrest. I would have to pay more though.

Decisions :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts