MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for an online dealer....any help would be appreciated (yes i know of the faults with the one click system, but its the most practical for me...i dont redline my car anyhow :p )

so guys n gals...link me up!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Matty, sure there is an offer on for being privilege member, it's only a tenner to join, sure you get 30 quid off a one click, i'll go and check.

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
Hi All,

Regarding the :bad: :bad: :bad: , is it easy to switch between original spec & upgrade spec :confused: .

Also when I first got my MINI one the dealership had to change the ECU mappings for some reason :confused: . With the :bad: :bad: :bad: will I be able to switch back to this ECU mapping or do you get a general copy :confused:

Any issues with it to :confused:

And lastly and IMPORTANTLY, what is the new BHP when updated

Cheers
Paul & :blblack:

P.S all the best for Xmas & new year :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its easy to swap if you have access to a laptop. The original programme can be saved prior it being updated. Its basically the same as Oneclick except that you need a laptop. Saying that-the difference in price means you can buy a good used laptop or perhaps a very basic new one!

No problems with it so far- the car actually idles more smoothly since the work was done!

Estimated at 130bp and feels like it to me! It really is rapid once it hits 3900rpm-feels like a turbo charger is kicking in! It does take the car a few miles to learn the programme..so it initially feels little different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can..at a push...use a desk top if you are willing to bring one near enough to the car.

To get the is a bit complex (and I am doing this from memory). The downside is that the instructions on the website are crap and there is no phone number or real aftersales service BUT do you really want to pay £300 more (I didnt!)

1) you have to buy a lead and an interface box from Germany (costs around £35-£40).

2) You then need to download a programme from the site

3) You plug in the lead into the computer and into the car (there is a socket below the steering coloumn). You then "ID" the car and then download the information from the car into your computer as a file and save it.

4) You pay for and get a special code.

5) You send the file via the internet

6) You twidle your thumbs for a week and get excited about each and every bit of junk email unitl finally the one arrives!

7) Plug the computer back in and upload the info, using the code.

The downloads and uploads take about 5 mins.

The effect on the Mini ONE is said to be more noticeable because the car is artifically restricted by the ECU to reduce the power to 90bhp. The increases the power to at least Cooper levels and then "adds" a bit more (ie when you have a Cooper the conversion adds another 15-20bhp). So you end up going from 90 to approx 130 bhp. The car feels brilliant. It revs more easily and you feel a real surge between 4000 and 6000 rpm. Even low down the range there is nice solid power delivery. All in all its really great

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
What port is needed ? USB etc?

Hi,

I am currently look at a second hand laptop PC, but need to know what port is needed for the interface, is it a USB :confused:

Thanks for all you help!

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
J1JPE,

Have you got the one-click, any issues with it?

Regards
Paul

·
Penn's Cab
94 Posts
One Click Away

Can't believe my luck! Having just fitted new Shark Fin Indicators to my wife's MOC, I thought the final touch would be a cheeky little One Click box for when she needs to use my car and me and her Mini are alone.
My first idea was to see if I could persuade a couple of Mini2 enthusiasts in my area to form a cooperative and buy one between us but now I have seen this thread I am considering using my laptop!
Where do I get the leads / Interface?

Cheers

Phil
Winslow Bucks :red: :D

·
5 years with MINI ONE
244 Posts
Any MINI One owners bought a AMD one-click in the last few months?, if so what do you think? any issues with it?

Cheers
Paul. :blblack:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok Ok,
You guys got me all excited now. £70 seems a bargain.
Where do you get the cable and how do you contact?
By the way if anyone is thinking of getting it but does not have a laptop in the north london area, for the sake of seeing how it is done i'll be more than happy to bring mine around.

laters

·
Registered
73 Posts
guy this sounds great.

has anyone had any problems with this software? will a dealer know its there?
will it cause any extra wear on the car?

this may sound stupid but what is it as when reading this thread it only show's me a :bad: so don't know how to gat one?

where can i get the cable from thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is Intresting!
Tho i wouldnt go all out and buy a laptop. id take my Pc Outside and connected it up.lol

Could someone PM me about this,as i might consider doing this Mod!
Gonna get it on the Rollers once the ECU is Done!

Wayne

1 - 20 of 21 Posts