MINI Cooper Forum banner

one last reply tp the "#### in the rain thread"...

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jamaalsgurl06 
#1 ·
Obviously I chose the wrong words for the headline, so that the thread got closed by the big brother. Sorry for that - blame it to my non-native-speakability! ;)

To answers ants question:

"Now correct me if I'm wrong (a
distinct possibility - it is late ) but
isn't there a law in Germany that
requires drivers to turn off their
engines if they are stationary for over
a certain length of time?

I have vague recollections of this
from my GCSE German lessons (one
of the few things I do remember )
We have lots of more or less useless regulation here in germany, but it's not THAT strict :) . But there is a law, that requires every driver not to use his vehicle in a way that others get disturbed more than nessesary. So if you leave your car idling in front of the house and your neighbour gets annoyed, he might get you in trouble. But I think this will be the same in other countries.
Sometimes there are signs on railway-crossings or trafficlights were one lane is closed indicating that you should turn off the engine while waiting.

j.:)

#2 ·
I saw something like this aswell but it wasn't Germany, it was Switzerland. It was when Jeremy Clarkson was doing that motorworld thing were he went round all the differant countries looking at thier cars.

At least i think it was Switzerland. I know they have a book over there you can buy which has all the registations of cars in, so if someone cuts you up you can go round their house! I mean how mad is that! you se a nice woman driving a car you can knock on her door and ask her for a date :p

#3 ·
Damian_Hardman said:
I saw something like this aswell but it wasn't Germany, it was Switzerland. It was when Jeremy Clarkson was doing that motorworld thing were he went round all the differant countries looking at thier cars.

At least i think it was Switzerland. I know they have a book over there you can buy which has all the registations of cars in, so if someone cuts you up you can go round their house! I mean how mad is that! you se a nice woman driving a car you can knock on her door and ask her for a date :p
No one would be able to go round your house would they......your number plate would see to that!!!

:)

Yes I understand a joke !!

#7 ·
Damian_Hardman said:

Ive seen this aswell. Switzerland has very strick noise limits too, so you wont see any TVR's over there then :D :D :D :D

#8 ·
Re: not the reg.

Jakx said:
So no Offence then!
But Damian - your avatar worries me a little . .
*LMAO* I was in Uni and couldn't save a GIF image on their comps, so had to find a "free one" of the internet. Should have one drawn up on my PC soon. Trying to get somethin Mini and me in the same pic is hard to do *evil laugh*

#10 ·
Obviously I chose the wrong words for the headline, so that the thread got closed by the big brother. Sorry for that - blame it to my non-native-speakability! ;)

To answers ants question:

We have lots of more or less useless regulation here in germany, but it's not THAT strict :) . But there is a law, that requires every driver not to use his vehicle in a way that others get disturbed more than nessesary. So if you leave your car idling in front of the house and your neighbour gets annoyed, he might get you in trouble. But I think this will be the same in other countries.
Sometimes there are signs on railway-crossings or trafficlights were one lane is closed indicating that you should turn off the engine while waiting.

j.:)
Hey did you ever find out what was causing your car to act up in the rain. Our 2010 mini Cooper is doing the same thing. When it rains heavily it’s like the car is possessed. The car still runs but none of the lights work and I just flash everything dies. You can’t tell the miles per hour either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.