MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOOOOOOO scarce are the performance upgrades at the moment for our ones I thought we needed a place to post any upgrades that have been found. I thought it might also be useful to show the demand for one perfance upgrades to manufacturers so please also post your interest, i.e what you would like etc

I'll start;

The only one I know of is the K&N induction kit (however I'm looking for something a bit more subtle) but anyway heres the link;

http://www.minispeed.co.uk/new_mini/index.cgi?task=showproduct&id=57-0355

And I would like to see;
A propper exhaust made for the one (like lohen/milltek's for the cooper)
Remap
Panel filter

Rochie

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
And I would like to see;
Remap
Panel filter

Rochie
get a custom system. you can then get the power u want matched with exactly the sound you want.

·
Registered
864 Posts
SOOOOOOO scarce are the performance upgrades at the moment for our ones I thought we needed a place to post any upgrades that have been found. I thought it might also be useful to show the demand for one perfance upgrades to manufacturers so please also post your interest, i.e what you would like etc

I'll start;

The only one I know of is the K&N induction kit (however I'm looking for something a bit more subtle) but anyway heres the link;

New Mini Product | K&N 57i Mini One Induction kit

And I would like to see;
Remap
Panel filter

Rochie
Hi Rochie,

You are correct there is not a great deal for the MINI One out there yet as the cars are pretty new. We are trying to encourage manufacturers to try and come up with some more products.

Looking at the link that you have posted it is an induction kit for the Gen 1 MINI One/Cooper - so I do not think that it would fit your MINI.

We currently offer the K&N Apollo filter which will fit both the Cooper & the One:

K&N Apollo filter

Knowing K&N I'm sure that the panel filter will be available shortly. Remaps - I'm sure that there are many people out there already working on the remaps, but the ECU on the Gen 2 are a tough nut to crack.

Exhaust wise it is difficult to tell whether a One needs a different exhaust from the Cooper. Most likely if the exhaust fits both cars Milltek will not make a "different one to suit" a One. We are currently pushing them to make a manifold for the Cooper.

But as you say it is great to know what people are after and we will then pass this on to the manufacturers.

Andrey

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lohen, well hoperfully they will come sooner rather than later. Would love to know if the milltek fits or if they're are planning on making one for the one.

Come on everyone, what do you want?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey
well i am lookin at a ecu remap/upgrade for my mini one, blue fin do one that boasts a 33 BHP increase and better fuel economy so maybe u should have a look at that and it costs 300 quid, then there is also a uprated piper cam that u can get which gives an extra 10 BHP for 200-300 quid so all in all for about 600 quid ur lookin at 43 BHP gain which is a load considerin you havnt included a stainless steel manifold and exaust system, performance spark plug leads which help it feel smoother and performance spark plugs, the induction kit, does anyone know if it gives more power or just makes it feel better??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey
well i am lookin at a ecu remap/upgrade for my mini one, blue fin do one that boasts a 33 BHP increase and better fuel economy so maybe u should have a look at that and it costs 300 quid, then there is also a uprated piper cam that u can get which gives an extra 10 BHP for 200-300 quid so all in all for about 600 quid ur lookin at 43 BHP gain which is a load considerin you havnt included a stainless steel manifold and exaust system, performance spark plug leads which help it feel smoother and performance spark plugs, the induction kit, does anyone know if it gives more power or just makes it feel better??
Sorry, but this is a thread for the r56 mini one, pretty sure you the want r50/53 section:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MOre good news a K&N panel filter is now available (can only find it on their website atm so got to see if any mini2 sponsors are doing it???)

And also lohen are now offering an itg profilter,
heres a link for the profilter sounds good :)

Lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

Who is gunna be the first to try and givve a report then :) I'm gunna speak to my insurers bout it :D

Rochie

·
Registered
130 Posts

I'll start;

New Mini Product | K&N 57i Mini One Induction kit

And I would like to see;
Remap
Panel filter

Rochie
what does your upgrade actually do?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts