MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all Australian MINI enthusiasts.
Many of you have received an email regarding MINIClubs from Brad Robinson stating that there will be two Clubs moving ahead towards incorporation. There is obviously no restriction to peoples free choice on whether they join one or the other or indeed both if they view it is of good value and along the lines of how they wish to enjoy their Minis.

I am writing to you to let you know how a MINI Enthusiasts Club will be progressing towards incorporation of a club that will be officially recognised.

First of all, the clubs will be State based and State run. This means that each State will be incorporating under their own State bodies with their own Committee to steer their club on behalf of the members. Once the State bodies have incorporated under common Constitutions and within the guidelines MINI Australia has provided, there will be a national body formed. The job of this national body, which will more than likely be a single elected representative, will be to act as an intermediary between MINI Australia and the individual Clubs. This will help in giving MINI Australia one point of contact to make things easier and is not in any way meant be a governing body over the states. This Club will be run in the same fashion as the BMW Club of Australia.

The discussions I have had with MINI Australia have been fruitful and they wish to see this club formalised quickly. In the coming week I will be able to give you much more information and will keep you informed at every step of the way.
The MINI culture symbolises a marque that has a history as well as a lifestyle that is unique, exciting and fun to be a part of. MINI Australia are keen to be involved in fostering this culture and see a MINI Club as
an ideal way for owners to enjoy this unique experience.

I look forward to your discussions and interest.
If you wish to obtain an example of the Constitution and Guidelines please feel free to PM me and I will email them to you.

Regards
Andrew Jackson

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will be up to the ACT owners. You can be included in NSW and seperate when you are ready or set up seperately from the start.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Onward and upward...

Can I be member 83 this time :D Hehe Scotty!! Or maybe =83:p

I take it you will follow the same avenues as BMWCCA in terms of Motorsports accreditation etc??

Todd

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is correct Todd. We will run pretty much the same way.
You know what i am like when it comes to Motorsport :D:D:D
As for membership numbers, those fine details have yet to be finalised. There will be a lot of work done with all this next week.
Terry Slocum has been pretty instumental in getting us in the door with MINI as he has had good repour going with them for some time. He would be the best person to talk to in regards to Vic, at least until we get the committees formed and the clubs incorporated.

·
The Iron Pyrite
830 Posts
minigolf said:
Good stuff Andrew ... any idea if ACT will have it's own, or would we be likely to tag along with NSW?

:indi:

Cheers Liam
I think that to get it going we'd probably start as a chapter under NSW and then incorporate once we have a reasonable amount of members. At the moment there would be more committee positions than members :D

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Getting members could be a problem - a lot of the Mini owners I've seen and met on the streets of Sydney so far sound like they aren't too keen on participating in drive ways, track days those sort of things. I've even invited a couple to here but looks like none of them have joined..let alone a fee paying club.

Good luck with it anyway and I'll put my hands up for this one if the fee isn't too rich :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Im confused, most people have already joined the foundation club thingy for $100 back in March this year, whats this new club ?

Come on Brad, update us on our memberships......its already August & all we know is we have a club number & some secure sential thats useless i find.

Most clubs have car window stickers........i want a MINI CLUBS sticker in white.......hurry up. lol

I remember asking you Brad about them & you said they are a week away, that was like 2 months ago. :(

Daniel

·
M2 Procrastinator
1,817 Posts
daniel, to quote boo we are working "towards incorporation of a club that will be officially recognised" by MINI Australia, & there-in lies the major difference :) we are aiming for MINImum confusion, & will certainly release more details as they are finalised.

you should have received an email update from Brad regarding the MINIClubs situation, if not contact Brad via PM to put forth your questions

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
play fife said:
Im confused, most people have already joined the foundation club thingy for $100 back in March this year, whats this new club ?

Come on Brad, update us on our memberships......its already August & all we know is we have a club number & some secure sential thats useless i find.

Most clubs have car window stickers........i want a MINI CLUBS sticker in white.......hurry up. lol

I remember asking you Brad about them & you said they are a week away, that was like 2 months ago. :(

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

We have been emailing everybody in F 100 to let them know what is going on virtually since starting. I can only think that we have an incorrect email address for you. The one I have for you is a Hotmail account. If this is incorrect please PM me and we will forward all recent emails.

·
502 Posts
dairyboy said:
Getting members could be a problem - a lot of the Mini owners I've seen and met on the streets of Sydney so far sound like they aren't too keen on participating in drive ways, track days those sort of things. I've even invited a couple to here but looks like none of them have joined..let alone a fee paying club.

Good luck with it anyway and I'll put my hands up for this one if the fee isn't too rich :)
Well to be honest the drive days and other organised activities has much fun factors involved. Mini is so much more than just a car now it's like a culture. I'm sure there will be more members when the club is finalised.

One of the my Suggestiom (maybe old) is to have stickers on members cars with their F100 membership number and the website as a ad campaign. I mean it's not going to cost too much money and also its straight to the point.

Eric

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
ecylai said:
Well to be honest the drive days and other organised activities has much fun factors involved. Mini is so much more than just a car now it's like a culture. I'm sure there will be more members when the club is finalised.

One of the my Suggestiom (maybe old) is to have stickers on members cars with their F100 membership number and the website as a ad campaign. I mean it's not going to cost too much money and also its straight to the point.

Eric
Hi Eric ,good idea but if "the club" is offically approved by BMW they should actively promote it through their dealer s informing people of its existence. They could put a flyer in the folder even just with the club web number!

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the delay in responses but have been up the coast :D:D
I will release more details as we move towards incorporation.
At the moment i won't give you my guess at what MINI Australia will be doing to help the Club until i have it in writing from them and approval to release that info.
I will do my best to get stickers into the welcome pack playfife :D:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Boo said:
Sorry for the delay in responses but have been up the coast :D:D
I will release more details as we move towards incorporation.
At the moment i won't give you my guess at what MINI Australia will be doing to help the Club until i have it in writing from them and approval to release that info.
I will do my best to get stickers into the welcome pack playfife :D:D
Good luck with the negotiations with BMW. Ihope they will support you and we can have a MINI club soon .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
22 Participants
cityclinic
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing