MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would i be looking at to 'S' up my one?

Im really only talking, front, side, back bumper with spoiler. Would consider and prefer second hand. How much is the S lowered by? It looks a lot lower than the cooper and One or is that just me?

James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,630 Posts
Hi there,

I bought my cooper S bumpers and 3 slat grille, no side skirts for £210 including courier to my house on a Saturday from a body shop in Kent, around April 2004. He had too many lying about and wanted to sell them. Removed off a brand new Cooper s that wanted an aero kit fitted before delivery proper approved BMW bodyshop so gets loads of them coming in. (Got his email if you want it) The bumpers come with the centre exhaust hole in the bumper but you can remove your side exit plastic piece from your existing bumper and replace it onto the cooper S bumper. Thats what I did.

I got my cooper s side skirts for £15 including postage off ebay but had to buy a set of clips from BMW to attach them to the car for £8. Still have to do the spoiler but going for the aero kit spoiler (£155 painted not including fitting) instead of cooper S spoiler (can't buy from BMW without a Cooper S Chassis number) as I don't want to drill into my body work.

Check my gallery. I put on all the parts myself! :eek: :D

So it won't cost you that much if you shop around. I didn't bother with the lowering as I have lovely 17" R90s to fill my wheel arches!

Hope thats helped a bit

Laura
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
I love MINI said:
So it won't cost you that much if you shop around. I didn't bother with the lowering as I have lovely 17" R90s to fill my wheel arches!
Yeah, but your R90s don't actually fill the arches anymore than your previous 15" did :p

(Sorry, I'm just jealous that you have R90s!)

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,630 Posts
Sebby* said:
Yeah, but your R90s don't actually fill the arches anymore than your previous 15" did :p

(Sorry, I'm just jealous that you have R90s!)

:D

That is true! Well they do little bit more because of the aftermarket tyre circumferance (before ibought aftermarket wheels I didn't know such detail went into selecting tyres)

+ They are replica R90s not the real mccoy I have to add! Still as gorgeous though! and at £400 much nicer price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
I love MINI said:
That is true! Well they do little bit more because of the aftermarket tyre circumferance (before ibought aftermarket wheels I didn't know such detail went into selecting tyres)

+ They are replica R90s not the real mccoy I have to add! Still as gorgeous though! and at £400 much nicer price!
:D

They look great!
 

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did that £400 for the replica r90's include the tyres?

Your one is pretty awesome by the way Laura! I am on the lookout to get some s-spokes but i may be swayed to get some replica r90's if they are cheap enough?

Thanks, James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,630 Posts
jcbroad said:
Did that £400 for the replica r90's include the tyres?

Your one is pretty awesome by the way Laura! I am on the lookout to get some s-spokes but i may be swayed to get some replica r90's if they are cheap enough?

Thanks, James
Thanks James! Yours isn't bad either mate! Really like your interior! Think the chrome interior would really shine with that Neon kit you got there!

No I'm afraid that was £400 just for the wheels, imported them from Italy! Tyres (non runflats) cost me £270 including fitting so 17" mini lookalike alloys for less that £700! Not bad really considering the real wheel and tyre set goes for £1795!

My MINI isn't just a hobby its a way of Life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
I love MINI said:
Hi there,

I bought my cooper S bumpers and 3 slat grille, no side skirts for £210 including courier to my house on a Saturday from a body shop in Kent, around April 2004. He had too many lying about and wanted to sell them. Removed off a brand new Cooper s that wanted an aero kit fitted before delivery proper approved BMW bodyshop so gets loads of them coming in. (Got his email if you want it) The bumpers come with the centre exhaust hole in the bumper but you can remove your side exit plastic piece from your existing bumper and replace it onto the cooper S bumper. Thats what I did.

I got my cooper s side skirts for £15 including postage off ebay but had to buy a set of clips from BMW to attach them to the car for £8. Still have to do the spoiler but going for the aero kit spoiler (£155 painted not including fitting) instead of cooper S spoiler (can't buy from BMW without a Cooper S Chassis number) as I don't want to drill into my body work.

Check my gallery. I put on all the parts myself! :eek: :D

So it won't cost you that much if you shop around. I didn't bother with the lowering as I have lovely 17" R90s to fill my wheel arches!

Hope thats helped a bit

Laura
Laura,
I sent you a PM about the S spoiler (sorry I was late in responding). It isn't a hard job.... I can give you some tips if you like

Jonathan :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,630 Posts
ImaVunDerBrah said:
Laura - Your One is beautifull.. absolutely beautiful. Congrats ;)
Thanks very much for saying that! Cheers! Have you got a replacement after your wreck :( ? PS I really like your dogs! :D I bet its cold in Michigan!

onemini said:
Laura,
I sent you a PM about the S spoiler (sorry I was late in responding). It isn't a hard job.... I can give you some tips if you like

Jonathan :)
Thats cool Jon, I got your PM. I think I have decided to go for the Aerokit spoiler instead I think I like it more on mine after seeing a few close up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I have done the s conversion i did the s bumpers, side skirts, badges and bonnet with grill. I then put Aero spoiler on. I Have a few pics in my gallery but they arnt that up to date. I then lowered it 25mm. Got some 18s replacing my 17s this week. Also lookout for in begginin of next yr in go mini they were with me last week doing the shoot. Also added tinted windows on the front to finish it off. Most of my stuff was done by coolnew
 

·
MINI2 Irritant
Joined
·
951 Posts
finish the job properly

have'nt any of you ONE'rs finished the job, and stapped on the supacharger, binned the pea shooter exhaust & wacked on the twin pipes, and then done the ECU trickery and not forgetting the bonnet scoop??

has anyone done a full conversion from ONE to S
 

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could see having a full conversion to an "S" from a one costing mega bucks!

Adding a new supercharger + exhaust + ECU then will start requiring a new gearbox, remounting the battery, and generally completely moving the engine components around and the rest. Us one's are more interested at this stage of simply concentrating on the styling and maybe adding exhaust, induction kits and ECU upgrades for performance boosts. The best thing about the one really is the fuel consumption. Still a bit nippy but doesn't drink the petrol too much.

Don't get me wrong, given the chance i would take an s any day but i am quite happy with my one for now. Oh yea being young (21) and just passed test in June, insurance is high enough on a one, dread to think what it would be like on a scooper!
 

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ollie20016 said:
I have done the s conversion i did the s bumpers, side skirts, badges and bonnet with grill. I then put Aero spoiler on. I Have a few pics in my gallery but they arnt that up to date. I then lowered it 25mm. Got some 18s replacing my 17s this week. Also lookout for in begginin of next yr in go mini they were with me last week doing the shoot. Also added tinted windows on the front to finish it off. Most of my stuff was done by coolnew
Look forward to seeing that copy of Go Mini then! Any other plans for the more distant future ollie?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
ollie20016 said:
I have done the s conversion i did the s bumpers, side skirts, badges and bonnet with grill. I then put Aero spoiler on. I Have a few pics in my gallery but they arnt that up to date. I then lowered it 25mm. Got some 18s replacing my 17s this week. Also lookout for in begginin of next yr in go mini they were with me last week doing the shoot. Also added tinted windows on the front to finish it off. Most of my stuff was done by coolnew
How did the shoot go then Ollie? What does it entail of specificallly? How long did it take?

Cheers

Great car by the way, wot 18s are you fitting too?
 

·
Rainhill's guest
Joined
·
387 Posts
Rayman said:
How did the shoot go then Ollie? What does it entail of specificallly? How long did it take?

Cheers

Great car by the way, wot 18s are you fitting too?

If you want good finish is important to get a S bonnet!!!!!

But Laura your One is great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Mine is finished. Even have a superchip. The 18s that i am getting are Rota Subzero they are very light normally jap cars have them. About the photoshoot with GoMini it took 6 hours. Have added some latest pic of the rear of my car.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Hello Ollie, is it easy to fit the Cooper S spoiler onto a One? I have heard rumours it is not straight forward. I am interested in getting one for my car and your advice would be helpful? How much did it cost too? (The spoiler- including painting/fitting)

p.s. Sweet car mate. I love the 18's ;)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top