MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

I have a mini one and I'm thinking over supercharging it. I won't bore you with the details of how I ended up with this car but it has cooper s gearbox, oil cooler, k&n, janspeed cat back, jcw suspension and bbs wheels.

I'm well on my way to cooper s spec so wondered what's involved. Everywhere I look it says the cooper s engine is the same unit as the one so what's the difference? Internals?

Obviously probably need supercharger, intercooler, mapping, potential need to do some internal work.... Anything else?

Thanks!! Adam

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Do you have deep pockets?

I have a mini one and I'm thinking over supercharging it. I won't bore you with the details of how I ended up with this car but it has cooper s gearbox, oil cooler, k&n, janspeed cat back, jcw suspension and bbs wheels.

I'm well on my way to cooper s spec so wondered what's involved. Everywhere I look it says the cooper s engine is the same unit as the one so what's the difference? Internals?

Obviously probably need supercharger, intercooler, mapping, potential need to do some internal work.... Anything else?
It will probably be cheaper to transplant a MCS engine in your car than "beefing" up the internals of your engine.

FAQ: Where can engine, powertrain and supercharger details be found?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for those that had constructive help. Does that mean the only difference between the two engines is internals? I'm quite happy to uprate the internals if required.

As for those with nothing helpful to say! I currently have a highly modified impreza that I'm getting rid of and is FULLY declared! I have this mini due to an ex that has ripped me off and I'm stuck with it so thought id spice it up. So yes it will be declared to insurers when it's done so thanks for the help with that!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks for those that had constructive help. Does that mean the only difference between the two engines is internals? I'm quite happy to uprate the internals if required.

As for those with nothing helpful to say! I currently have a highly modified impreza that I'm getting rid of and is FULLY declared! I have this mini due to an ex that has ripped me off and I'm stuck with it so thought id spice it up. So yes it will be declared to insurers when it's done so thanks for the help with that!
You are welcome

·
cristo
2,779 Posts
Probably an incomplete and not completely authoratative list of differences off the top of my head:

Intake, throttle body, intake manifold, intercooler, supercharger, various connecting bits to the former, valves,
crank and pistons and connecting rods, piston squirters, serpentine belt, tensioner, flywheel, MAP sensor,
crankshaft pulley, clutch, transmission, clutch servos and tubing, shifter box, shifter cables, starter,
axles, engine and transmission mounts, battery cable, ECU, parts to relocate the ECU and the battery,
hood with scoop, rear bumper and fascia, exhaust, coolant resevoir, thermostat housing, and other connecting
bits of the cooling system, valve cover, various harnesses, ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts