MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been on the US configurator and found that to a Cooper S I can add DTC (which has the EDLC), the JCW brakes (larger front and rear, red calipers, 4 pot front) and the Challenge-spoke wheels. Annoyingly there is no LSD on the JCW nor can one be added but the configurator was quite happy for me to specify DTC and LSD on the S. So it seems the list of unique features for the JCW is quite rapidly down to the engine only which luckily is 90% of what makes the JCW special. It is expensive to add these items though, in fact with the tuning kit (190'ish bhp) the S ends up being more expensive. Neither car has the body kit on the US configurator keeping things a little simpler. If you want them all, I do, then the JCW is a no brainer. I just find it irratating that Mini made out these features were unique to the JCW forgetting to add unique for five minutes. I assume these updates will remain a low priority in the UK. Rant over.

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
So what your saying is you can spend more and still end up with less or it that S. I guess you could also buy the JCW engine and the uprated gearbox too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts