MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, whilst changing lanes on a busy Motorway both front windows and central locking decided to open themselves!! More than a little disturbing at 80 mph !!

Then, today whilst in a pub for dinner I came out to find the same problem had reoccurred, but thankfully my laptop computer was still in the boot. Again, both windows were fully down and all doors and boot open.

Anyone else had this nightmare?

Will I want the car back tomorrow if they havent found something specific?

How would I prove to the Insurance company that the car was locked when left if it has a mind of it's own and opens up when it feels the urge!?????

Any comments welcomed!.

Cath

·
Registered
888 Posts
Try leaving the plipper key at home - it could do both these things - is it possible you're somehow jamming the button down by mistake? (e.g. if its in your pocket and you sit down or something)...or the button is sticking down... at least then youd know if it was the car or the key with the fault!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe I had the same problem you are suffering from. As I drove along the windows would buzz up and down the fraction of an inch they move when you open and shut the door. The central locking began to unlock itself until in the end I couldn't lock the car at all!

However the dealer fixed it fairly easily. Something to do with the door not shutting properly on the sensor so the electronics thought it was open!

Be warned whe my car came back the door had a rattle which they have only just fixed!

JS

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
petal said:

How would I prove to the Insurance company that the car was locked when left if it has a mind of it's own and opens up when it feels the urge!?????

Any comments welcomed!.

Cath
There are more than enough comments relating to the 'possesed' electrical system on this forum for any insurance assessor to read up on if they have any doubts!;)

Just out of curiosity, did you have your 'spare' blipper with you at the time (the little stick one?) I often wonder what effect that might have if it's in close proximity to the master key (although the whole point of it is to keep it close to hand in case you lose the master one!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Re: Open sesame !!

I have also had this exact problem the first time it happened was within hours of taking delivery. After four attempts at fixing it i was told there was no fix available ! The car had to be returned and i am still waiting for a replacement car.It is impossible to send the windows down using the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts