MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Anybody got a Dension Gateway 300 and the Blutooth option with a CD autochanger installed? If so, are you pleased with it?

I currently have a Wave system and I don't know whether to replace the head unit with something with iPod connectivity and bluetooth or put a Dension kit in it.

If the omnipresent Mikey is reading, I have a '52 plate Cooper S, Wave Stereo, CD Autochanger and the 2 spoke MFSW.

All (sensible) advice gratefully considered

Stu
:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 55 plate Cooper S with a Boost stereo (although no autochanger). I installed a Gateway 300 myself using the excellent step by step guide Mikey provides on his website.

Although I haven't been able to get text display on my head unit (I think I may need to consult Mikey about a possible firmware upgrade) everything seems to work fine and the sound quality is excellent.

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
I have the Gateway 300 in my 56 Cooper, but not the Bluetooth etc. The Gateway is a great piece of kit, love it. Two things you may wish to consider.

1) What do you want to connect to the Gateway? If it's only the ipod, (and not a USB, or 3.5 jack), then you may not need the 300. The 100 may do the job for you.

2) As far as I know you have to have a post 55 plate HU to get the text display. Without it I'm not sure whether you'd get the ease of use you may want.

If your car was capable of text then I would recommend the Gateway 300, wouldn't be without mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts