MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the performace and sound of the JCW filter now available for 05s? Is it worth it or am I better off spending way less money on an aftermarket setup?

First post btw, love the site. :D

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
First off, let me welcome you to the site. Be careful, it can become and addiction. Just ask my significant other.

The JCW air filter kit looks very nice and does something no other does. It incorporates an ECU controlled valve that opens a passage to the cowl vent area and some high pressure air when the engine is in the upper rpm ranges.

Opening this passage is not unique to JCW, it is the valve that is different. A small advantage of the kit is a slight, or maybe preceived, performance increase. The big advantage to opening this area is the aural benefits it can offer. The increased sound coming from the supercharger must be sublime, that is why I would make this addition. :D

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Can the JCW air filter be fitted to a standard MCS or is it just the Works model?
If it can be fitted to the standard MCS, what is the cost, and can it be done at the MINI dealer? My car is due April 05, can I specify the JCW air filter as an option?

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
matfrost said:
Can the JCW air filter be fitted to a standard MCS or is it just the Works model?
If it can be fitted to the standard MCS, what is the cost, and can it be done at the MINI dealer? My car is due April 05, can I specify the JCW air filter as an option?
On www.miniusa.com , it's available on the build your own car program for the MCS as a seperate option. $450. :hs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts