MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
only problem i had was configuring the serial port on my laptop. the rest was a doddle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean after instalation, car not running smooth etc...

im so so tempted but im scared it'll break my babey and i'll have no1 to smack!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn' t like your title, just thinking someone had problems! anyway, no problems at all, car is much smoother, and pulls a lot more xpecially at low & medium revs. Just do it!

·
Cornish Boy
164 Posts
bryce03 said:
Who has had one/any?

Just trying to decide what to go for.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
No problems with MTH - now on 600 miles and still brings a smile to my face.

If you have ANY problems (you won't) you can always drop the original files back and visit the dealer - I would go for your own cable (£52 - no brainer!).

Took mine to a dealer and they connected to their machine to get a code from the ECU, didin't say a word. I about to MTH a friends MCS which is a company car...

You will NOT get better for the money.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I've done 3 MTH tuneups with my laptop now, my Cooper, an "S" and a ONE and have had no problems at all with any of them. ;) :D

For the record, I'm using a 5 year old IBM ThinkPad laptop running Windows ME with antivirus software turned off and using the COMPORT lead. :)

My Cooper is running a lot better now than when it was new in 2002! :D

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
i do have problems, but i am being VERY picky

first, is the yoyoing i still get sometimes when lifting off in first gear at slow speed.. it's really annoying especially in stop and go traffic! it's a bit worsened since i got the mth installed

cold start hasn't much disappeared.. although i realize just recently the car is slightly more willing to start.. i asked franz to address that issue but it didn't seem to help much

but it seems the midrange between 2.5k to 5.5k seems alot smoother and quicker... hehe

and to me that slightly offsets the mth upgrade's shortcomings... i'll be doing another update at the dealer once winter is over and hope the update from mth will be better when i get the ic in next year

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi kyriian,

do you have an upgraded pulley - i found that after i installed the pulley - the hesitation in my MCS has lessen alot prior to the MTH. That might help a little since the boost is gonna be higher.

-dhayashi

kyriian said:
i do have problems, but i am being VERY picky

first, is the yoyoing i still get sometimes when lifting off in first gear at slow speed.. it's really annoying especially in stop and go traffic! it's a bit worsened since i got the mth installed

cold start hasn't much disappeared.. although i realize just recently the car is slightly more willing to start.. i asked franz to address that issue but it didn't seem to help much

but it seems the midrange between 2.5k to 5.5k seems alot smoother and quicker... hehe

and to me that slightly offsets the mth upgrade's shortcomings... i'll be doing another update at the dealer once winter is over and hope the update from mth will be better when i get the ic in next year

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
dhayashi said:
hi kyriian,

do you have an upgraded pulley - i found that after i installed the pulley - the hesitation in my MCS has lessen alot prior to the MTH. That might help a little since the boost is gonna be higher.

-dhayashi
yep, a 15%...

the yoyoing is not like the normal yoyoing, i typically do not get any yoyo in the traditional sense

instead my yoyo is usually the violent bucking when lifting off quickily.. if i ease off it typically doesn't show up but even if i ease off it does surface sometimes... occurs in the first 3 gears... can be felt less above the 4th gear... seems the worst in 1 and 2

also is that the car also seems to buck when i stomp on it from a stop light in 2nd when im just rolling to the stop.... needless to say these stuff to the ppl outside seems real embarassing, people think i can't drive a stick!

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
kyriian said:
yep, a 15%...

the yoyoing is not like the normal yoyoing, i typically do not get any yoyo in the traditional sense

instead my yoyo is usually the violent bucking when lifting off quickily.. if i ease off it typically doesn't show up but even if i ease off it does surface sometimes... occurs in the first 3 gears... can be felt less above the 4th gear... seems the worst in 1 and 2

also is that the car also seems to buck when i stomp on it from a stop light in 2nd when im just rolling to the stop.... needless to say these stuff to the ppl outside seems real embarassing, people think i can't drive a stick!
mmm.thats not good.
Dont know if its mth or a coincidence but my right window wont work. Could be just a burnt out motor but it did happen after upload. Will get back when I know more. :(

edit: After doing some driving to run in the programme, the windows now work as usual :eek: Does anyone have a bit of a rough idle though??

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
think this thread title needs to be changed, to

Do you have any MTH problems?;)

as it is worrying seeing this thread until you get in here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rough Idle

enzothemaddog said:
mmm.thats not good.
Dont know if its mth or a coincidence but my right window wont work. Could be just a burnt out motor but it did happen after upload. Will get back when I know more. :(

edit: After doing some driving to run in the programme, the windows now work as usual :eek: Does anyone have a bit of a rough idle though??[/QUOTE]

I have MTH installed, and have had the intermittent rough idle thing since the vehicle was new, CD36, CD38 and MTH had no effect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
couldn't agree more

pbonner said:
No problems with MTH - now on 600 miles and still brings a smile to my face.

If you have ANY problems (you won't) you can always drop the original files back and visit the dealer - I would go for your own cable (£52 - no brainer!).

Took mine to a dealer and they connected to their machine to get a code from the ECU, didin't say a word. I about to MTH a friends MCS which is a company car...

You will NOT get better for the money.
It's well worth it. My "S" is the one mentioned by R1 earlier in this thread (thanks again R1 for the help!). He did the MTH conversion about 3 weeks ago. I've covered about 800 miles since and its excellent. Car is smoother quicker and the traction control intrudes less. Personally I can't think of a better upgrade for the money, I'll have to get the pulley next!!

P.S Dealership had no idea and asked no questions when it went for some work the other day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MTH Mapping is Great, but!!!

MTH mapping for the MCS is nothing short of excellent, something that could use a bit of attention is Cartune, the upload - download software. I installed the no time out version when it became available to take the place of the time sensitive version which was producing a 2006 error. I have had to send for new codes twice due to the following error:

"Remote Protection Method Error"

It would appear if you conduct any kind of maintenance to your PC such as spyware or virus scanning Cartune mutates, generates the above error and magically becomes un-licensed. The first instance was due to an Office XP service pack installation, and the second event after a spyware scan.

If you are out there AlexN can you help with this one?

How about tying the Cartune program to your vehicle's VIN instead of something very unpredictable and inherently unstable as a Windows operating system. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Franz is working on a new software which will cost money though......but it will give you full diagnostics as well of your MINI OBD. It will also be able to up and download.

I discussed the VIN version of CarTune and Franz and at the moment Franz says no to it.

Alex

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
My cable is in the post atm but after all the good reports about MTH I cannot wait to get it on my ONE to get that 130bhp out of it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.