MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all

Picking up my MCSC in about a week. It's orange with blue rag roof.

MINI has always been a great expression for me. Loud, fun, irreverant, silly:

My MINI page

I ordered orange, but even so I am a tad disappointed at the subdued nature of the color. I was hoping for something closer to the 2002 orange of the 1970's.

Then I found these rims on Tire Rack. TRhey are Kosei and the 15 inch are less than 11 lbs each! I can get them in 205 width.

Ok, the photoshop job is horrible, the wheels will obviously not be white in the spaces, but silver from the rotors or black from the shadows, the car is NOT a convert in the scan and it's red, where as mine is orange. But, all that considered, are these TOO over the top?

I know this is strictly a personal thing. Some will scream not for them. Others will whisper not for them. One or two may jump on it. But the question is, considering I even picked them, and, wonder of wonders even my wife said ok, does it totally trash the MINI?

Opinions welcomed.

Ducttape

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like your general colour combination but I've seen those rims and have to say that they look fantastic stock. I personally wouldn't paint them but as you correctly said, the only important thing is that you and your better half like them! :)

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to have a good idea of whether you like the combo or not until you try it and it's on the car. That's really the only way of knowing, if you haven't seen the combo on a car before. If your gut says you will like it, give it a shot, you probably will. Whether we like it or not is irrelevant.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Thx for the feedback.

a) they are factory painted, not aftermarket

b) yes, I know. It wasn't a 'permission thing', or 'does the world like them', it was a reassurance (for what THAT'S worth!) that these weren't totally off the wall. If it conjures up images, for instance, of a car pulling into the big ring and 6 clowns getting out, well, 'nough said.

I think they are a go. Maybe it's just the butterflies at spending $600 on a set of rims that would be totally nonsalable because they are ridiculous.

I'll post pics, in the spring.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Can you get the orange in 17" ? I think the 17's would look better (mho). In either case, it seems the orange wheels will add even more character to an already playful car.:)

·
R.I.P You will be Missed
21 Posts
Ok- so i am still the only one with wheel dust covers painted to match the body color. Still think it is a nice contrasting color and a lot cheaper- also easier to keep clean - VW's have painted rims - take a look at them to decide

·
kgouin
481 Posts
You should get them. I seen an orange VW with the orange rims and it looked nice! I don't like VW bugs but that one made me look twice at it!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
How close is the color of the Kosei K-1 TS wheels to the body color?

BTW, these are available in both 15" and 17".

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MINIAC said:
How close is the color of the Kosei K-1 TS wheels to the body color?

BTW, these are available in both 15" and 17".
Unfortunatley, it's not :(

It the color car I WANTED, but MINI chose a darker, duskier color. I thought something closer to the 2002 of yore would be a fine orange.

Jury still out for me on 17" Fortunately, even though my car lands this coming week I'll be riding snows for a season. The difference between the 15" snows and 16" runflats (but not the 16" F1's I now ride) is night and day. And I think I might be willing to trade a tad's performance forless bone jarring.

'nother thread, 'nother time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts