MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of chrome trim rings for the exterior fog lamps, signal indicators and reverse lights on my 03 Cooper. I can't decide if I like the look! Does anyone have an opinion or regrets if they installed these? I kind of think my MINI looks cleaner and classier without the added chrome (I have the chrome bumpers) but then when I place the rings on the car it grows on me as well. I prefer a classic look not a boy racer.
I wonder if the rings will cause a problem when I need to replace bulbs? Any idea anyone?
I haven't installed them so I could send them back.
Thanks for any opinions you can offer.
Ken

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
Personally I don't like the extra chrome rings that you can buy for the MINI. Think it destroys the look of the car.

But its not my car :)

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
I had my red and white Cooper for about 4 months before putting the chrome rings on.

I love the look of them and am really pleased that I did it. When a see a red and white Cooper without them now it looks unfinished. It doesn't present any problems with changing bulbs. However, change the front indicator bulbs for silvered ones at the same time and then it looks even better. (gets rid of that "fried egg" look)

I have recently changed the tail lamps to '05 spec; this meant I had to change the centre reversing light for a central fog lamp. To do this I needed to remove the chrome ring around the fog lamp to remove the entire lamp unit. It was then best left off because the new red lamp just blends in with the red bumper.

However, no regrets at all with the front lamps.

If any Mini2er wants the rear fog lamp suround they are welcome to it for free! (Moderators - don't fret, I'm not selling it!)

Tigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts