MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't affect/bother me since I don't use shell, but some of you may be interested:

Shell Optimax out of stock-- Update as of November 18th 2004.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Shell is currently unable to supply Shell Optimax to all sites in NSW, ACT and Vic. We aim to be back in stock from the 19th of November in Victoria and 22nd of November in NSW and ACT.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

For more information please call 1300 134 555.
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework...for_motorists/fuels/optimax/introduction.html

and from the Herald Sun:

Petrol shortage

18nov04

VICTORIAN motorists are facing a shortage of premium unleaded petrol because of problems at Shell's Geelong plant.

Some Coles Express sites have already run out of the Optimax premium fuel.

But Shell said supplies should be flowing again by tomorrow.

Shell spokeswoman Helen Morgner said recent rain had caused maintenance delays at the refinery.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
DAMN just what I need hours before I leave on a roadtrip:D

Todd

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
muahaha Todd :p

Ultimate is the way my brother :p

·
10,324 Posts
Micky, im pretty sure most of the Caltex and BP fuel in Vic comes from the refinery at Geelong... Feel free to correct me if I am wrong:D

Todd

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
asinn said:
anyone try the new caltex 98 fuel ????? any good? better than optimax?
Yeah I'm on my third tank of it, I don't have a lot to compare it with though. I normaly use Vortex Gold 95 octane (Company Fuel Card :p ) I have noticed a huge difference, starts easier, ideals smoother, seems to pull better. But best of all it now has a great burpple noise on over run. I'm happy with it :D :D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Micky, im pretty sure most of the Caltex and BP fuel in Vic comes from the refinery at Geelong... Feel free to correct me if I am wrong:D

Todd

Because it comes from the same place, doesnt mean its the same stuff

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I was almost totally empty last night and the only servo within yahoo was a shell. They were out. Cookie monster is Not Happy Jan with the $15 unleaded that he got fed.

·
10,324 Posts
I had no trouble at all!!

The whole way here!! I had a shock at 1.21 per litre!! But I also had a nice one at 1.06:D

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
Optimax is back in Geelong... I was talking to a dude at the servo he was saying they had to upgrade some part of the refinery, so they stopped production for a few days.

I paid 1.21 in Albury...

I paid 1.04 in Highton, Geelong this evening...

I also found my car got unbelievble fuel economy on ULP!?! I filled up at the first shell after PITS - towards Sydney, and got all the way to Albury - 600+km!!

This is RARE!!

Todd

·
my second passion, a tin!
729 Posts
Red&blackS said:
I also found my car got unbelievble fuel economy on ULP!?! I filled up at the first shell after PITS - towards Sydney, and got all the way to Albury - 600+km!!

This is RARE!!

Todd
Must have been driving like a Nanna:rolleyes:

·
10,324 Posts
StuJones said:
Must have been driving like a Nanna:rolleyes:
Yeah, they arent my tyres:p

I was buzzing past trucks at 130 easy... I had a tail wind obviously:D

Todd

·
Hello World!
293 Posts
BP Ultimate has gone weird lately? My last tank I got 13L/100kms :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'll see how I go on this tank, otherwise I might consider switching to something else!

Oh BTW, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hey Tom,

Where have you been ?

You havnt been on MSN for ages........im always online.

Daniel

Ps: Hope we can chat soon.

·
10,324 Posts
Yeah man!!

Where you been!?!

I came to Sydney and you werent there!! No "goodbyes":eek:, no "I'm going on holidays" no "Take care, I love you":p

You just disappeared!! :D

Todd

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Looks like the optimax has made it as far north as the central coast. :)

Welcome back Tom. When you coming for a drive again?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts