MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I got my 2008 MCS a couple of weeks ago and have now looked up the original spec on the bmwarchive.org site. The trouble is I don't understand what some of the option descriptions mean. Has anyone decoded these into fuller descriptions yet? Some are obvious but some are not - at least not to me.
Here's some examples:
S1CBA - CO2 Package. What is a CO2 package?
S877A - Delete cross-pattern operation. I've no idea!
S563A - Light package. But what lights?
I've tried looking up the current brochures on the MINI website but no joy there. Some options have no english description at all - just the german, but I guess I can get those translated. I don't know if my car is a 2008 or 2009 MY but the build date was 18th July 2008, so I'm guessing it's a 2008MY.

Cheers all,
Rob.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
S1CBA - CO2 Package. What is a CO2 package?
Some say it's an underbody shield/aerodynamics some say it is do with the air conditioning all I know for sure is you need to know if you have got it when ordering parts for the power steering pump.

S877A - Delete cross-pattern operation. I've no idea!
I found the following
"It relates to the car alarm and means that the alarm has to be deactivated the same way it was activated and can't be crossed.

example, if you lock the car with the remote, the alarm will not be deactivated and start howling when you open the car via the key in the door and vice versa.

lock with remote, open with remote.
lock with key in door, open with key in door.

Otherwise the alarm will kick off, that is the crossing disabled."

S563A - Light package. But what lights?
Extra interior lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Rob UK
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing