MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that almost everyone who's ordered a replacement MINI has changed the spec. In my case, I added the heater mirrors/jets and the spacesaver wheel.

Now I'm wishing I'd also gone for traction control. For one thing, that blank in the row of toggles keeps reminding me that I ain't got it. Secondly, I went on one of those "cane the MINI" runs on Saturday and thought it would have been fun provoking the system into action.

I was wondering what options others would add, if they ordered again, and which they'd drop from the spec list?

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I added ASC+T, sunroof, alarm, paint glaze and changed colour too.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My mate was here this weekend, he has a Cooper without the ASC + T and he was commenting on how he gets a lot of slippage in the wet. I would definately spec it on my Cooper, if only to get rid of the dreaded blanking plate on the toggle switch row.

Andy

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
still awaiting delivery but i changed the spec several times

went for the MFSW, the clear lights, front spot lamps

wanted the xenon and the oil guage but they are still not available so have to wait for first service for those

·
Registered
247 Posts
I went with ASC+T as I couldn't have it the first time and it helps in the wet, MFSW as I wanted the stereo controls and cruise for avoiding the speeding tickets! Climate control as I was sick of playing with the heating controls, Heated washer jets, well it's only 40 quid isn't it! Changed to a MD player as good for the car and already have bootloader (freebie as good will gesture), space saver spare as I don't want to have to buy a new tyre just cos the gunk ruins it, and changed colour to Velvet Red as I love it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Those of you not getting the ASC+T and going for the trip comp. - don't. Who cares how warm it is outside, and your average speed just makes you look slow (28.9mph???) and the fuel consumption just urges you to be sensible - ASC+T just saves you when you're not being sensible.
As for MFSW - good choice. Didn't use it last night and got double flashed by a Gatso (despite the speedo telling me I wasn't over the limit by more than 1mph, but there you go) and so am waiting for the fine :( :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rain sensor

I wouldn't remove any of the bits I added, its almost perfect. Not sure if it's available let but a rain sensor would be a useful extra. I find intermitent useless (too fast) and end up flicking the wipers manually all the time instead.

I'd probably add auto air next time as well but to be honest it's not needed, just a bit of a gadget given it's specific features. If it handled dual temps then it would be a must have.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I'd have added the 17" wheels and the MFSW. Neither were an option when I ordered my car. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
On my replacement i have upgraded to climate instead of manual aircon, also added obc,the 17's are a must have over the chilli 16's.

I have also switched from minidisc to the cd instead, as i find the minidisc takes too long to start and it does not support the long play and text.

Thats about it!

Oh i forgot to mention, was going to order the MFSW but i only do about 6000 miles a year and rarely go on a motorway so i though it not much use to me.

The thing i would have really really liked was the automatic dimming rear view mirror, an excellent gadget.

We had that on our last BMW and loved it.

I also kept the sunroof as well, i like the best of both worlds!

the asc+T is a must at £100. You can always turn it off if required.

Also i have switched from the full leather to half.
Were not keen at all on the full!

Regards,

Lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am really happy with all of the options i took, especially with metallic silver paint and red/black half leather Kaleido, pepper pack, auto AC, ASC+T, sunroof.

i would have opted for the CD changer if i knew better when i ordered. would definitely be handy.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I wish I could afford to have the 17's, auto air con, sunroof, leather & the COOPER S engine :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Mr T said:
I wanted the steering that didn't pull left, but it isn't on the options list yet...
Mr T - i requested this on my car but the dealer said he cannot guarantee it will be ready for March delivery so I will just have to wait and see ....

:p :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
We deleted metallic paint.

Which paid for:
MFSW, heated jets, MD player (instead of CD) and ISOFIX.

Also added spare wheel.

Happy with Chili, sunroof, ASC&T, computer and white bits.

Dave

·
Registered
888 Posts
I would specify ASC+T because I now know it can be turned off and would help me with quick getaways from wet junctions (They're always wet in Scotland...)

and the Space Saver Spare Wheel because my dealer has just told me it can't be retro-fitted because there is no spare wheel cage...!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
So have people gone for the spare wheel as well as having the 16" alloys with run flats? I thought the spare was only for cars with the 15" alloys? Am I wrong?

Dudster

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leather Covered Steering Wheel Essential

I spent 3 days driving the dealer's loan MINI this week whilst mine was serviced. The loan car had the standard MINI One plastic steering wheel rim. I would now consider the leather option as an essential - it (literally) makes a huge difference to the feel of the car.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Re: Leather Covered Steering Wheel Essential

ricardo said:
I spent 3 days driving the dealer's loan MINI this week whilst mine was serviced. The loan car had the standard MINI One plastic steering wheel rim. I would now consider the leather option as an essential - it (literally) makes a huge difference to the feel of the car.
I agree wholeheartedly......the Chilli pack in general I think now is well worth the money on a Cooper.....

Also, ACS is a MUST !! Im getting serious wheelspin at wet junctions recently, and I think the Pirelli tyres dont help either, I feel they are a very hard compound.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts