MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fly it like you stole it!
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up my MCS from the body shop to get it's Orciari Body kit installed. In addition to the body kit I got the air scoops at the top of the hood and the new rear top spoiler. I love the kit and it turns lots of heads. Here are a few pictures, I have more in my gallery.

Ciao, Daron

Attachments

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Interesting bodykit, although I cant quite see much difference with the "new rear top spoiler" :)
Prefer some of that other machinery in your gallery though :cool:

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the air scoops at the top of the hood, where did you get them and are they a quick fit for original grills that are there?????
I think they are a pretty easy fit, but I had the body shop paint and install everything. They sim simple though, you just need to get them painted. You can order it through Orciari.com directly or some of the other min websites offer them as well. Mossmini.com has them for $139.95 a pair. I think minimadness.com has them for $119.00 and promini.com has them for $139.95 as well. I do not have a close up of them but I will try and take a pic for you soon.

Interesting bodykit, although I cant quite see much difference with the "new rear top spoiler"
The rear top spoiler is much wider and sticks out off the back a little more. If you notice the factory spoiler is only as wide as the opening of the rear hatch seems, the Orciari one adds two more pieces that wrap around the outside outside of the corners.

Daron

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
That looks great! :cool:

Especially in that colour combo. If only I could afford a bodykit...

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I always think that body kit looks very "toy car", but not in a bad way, it really suits the MINI look a lot better than a lot of other kits I've seen.

I'm interested to know, does the grille open with the bonnet, split in half, or stay on the bottom?

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm interested to know, does the grille open with the bonnet, split in half, or stay on the bottom?
The grille opens with the bonnet. I will take some more pictures soon, I just wanted to get a few of the basics up as well.

Daron

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have to say, not my cuppa. But I am glad your happy with it!

Slap on that Milltek and you will be flying.

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Choprpilot76 said:
I think they are a pretty easy fit, but I had the body shop paint and install everything. They sim simple though, you just need to get them painted. You can order it through Orciari.com directly or some of the other min websites offer them as well. Mossmini.com has them for $139.95 a pair. I think minimadness.com has them for $119.00 and promini.com has them for $139.95 as well. I do not have a close up of them but I will try and take a pic for you soon.
Found them here in good old blighty at coolnew, so I'll be asking them questions tomorrow :)
They look to have mesh inside them, is that right :confused:

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
tnoy66 said:
Found them here in good old blighty at coolnew, so I'll be asking them questions tomorrow :)
They look to have mesh inside them, is that right :confused:
They have a mesh inside of them, similar to what is on the grille.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To a fellow "group buy" member - - LOOKS GREAT!!:D :D

Cheers!:p

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Not too bad on the colour combo :)

I like :D

Congrats :D

·
Respek.
37 Posts
That kit is gorgeous. I don't even have the car yet but I'm thinking about having that kit waiting for it. Did you order it painted or have the shop do it? It may be of little comparison as it appears you're in Italy but how much did you pay for the kit, paint, install, etc? It appears I can get the kit and have it painted for roughly the same cost as the Mini-offered Aero Kit...ahhh, but I'll need to get the fenders sanded and painted upon installing it to get it to look that good, won't I?

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The wheels are BBS, model RD size 17x7. I got them through www.tirerack.com, which was by far rhe cheapest I found anywhere.

The kit does not come painted, the kit MSRP is 1,100 Euro or in the states I have seen it going for $1300. Since I am here in Italy where it is made, I went in on a group buy. The factory offered, to us Americans only, a group buy of 60% off if we came with 6 or more orders. So I got mine for about 500 Euro, I think roughly $600. The install depends on where you go. The guy I went through was expensive and I think ripped me off, but he did do good work. He charged some one I know 570 euro to do a factory aero kit, fully paint trim though as well (fender flares) and paint the roof a new color and a rea high spoiler. He charged me 1100 euro for total paint and install of the kit. So as I said, I think you can find cheaper if you shop around, but don't sacrifice quality. And yes I had my kit waiting for the car in my garage for about 2 months before I ever got the car because I had seem one installed before and I looooved it and knew I would definetly be wanting one as well.

Daron

1 - 20 of 20 Posts