MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id appreciate a few opinions on my dilemma, and would appreciate any opinions on the following.....

Basically, Im after a Cooper with Pepper,Metallic and a Sunroof....the car is for my wife, and she fancies Silver/Black.

Dealer can get the following:
1. Cosmos Black Metallic / White, Pepper & Sunroof - Immediate Delivery!
2. Silver Black, but with Chilli Pack (£1200.00 extra!!) & Sunroof - Immediate Delivery!
3. Silver / Black with Pepper and Sunroof - 10-12 weeks delivery!

Can I ask, what would everyone do in my situation?

Wifes not that keen on the black, I like the idea, but havent seen it in the metal, silver was always her first choice, but she might be tempted.

Thanks in advance....

Aiden.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Impossible question to answer really! I think the Mini looks good in most colours, but black and silver are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so someone prefering silver may not want black. Having said that, there are signs (in the UK) that black is replacing silver as the "in" colour.

If I were you I would order the car to my exact spec and wait. At least the build quality should be improving - it might even have a fix for the left drift!

One other factor though - if you have a trade in it will be worth less in 3 months time. That might tip the balance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Red and white cooper 2 has said the most impotant thing - make it yours. Personalise it and choose everything yourself. this one will have a new reg number, be (hopefully:D )more relaible and you'll be 100% sure.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Its your car, so you decide the colour :D :D :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Whatever combo you choose make sure you see it in the flesh first and like it.

Dont be tempted to get a different colour for the sake of a few months wait.

Decide and stick to it.

Dave

PS - love the black and white myself.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for their input!:)

My wife has sold her current car straight, so time is a problem, not in relation to trade in value, but the buyer wants her car in about four weeks, so 10-12 weeks is a problem.

At the end of the day, I guess the colour will be down to her preference, but personally, Id like a change from silver myself, as there are a lot of silver cars around generally, and I think black & white looks particularly sporty - chequered flag, and all that !!

Anyway, Ive got to let the dealer know tomorrow, so if anyone else has any further opinions, again, Id be grateful for them.

Thanks again.:D

·
Registered
573 Posts
IMHO, If you are going to live with the car for years, 10-12 weeks isn't really that long to wait for the car that you want, you will be happier in the long run mate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
AidenL said:
Id appreciate a few opinions on my dilemma, and would appreciate any opinions on the following.....

Basically, Im after a Cooper with Pepper,Metallic and a Sunroof....the car is for my wife, and she fancies Silver/Black.

Dealer can get the following:
1. Cosmos Black Metallic / White, Pepper & Sunroof - Immediate Delivery!
2. Silver Black, but with Chilli Pack (£1200.00 extra!!) & Sunroof - Immediate Delivery!
3. Silver / Black with Pepper and Sunroof - 10-12 weeks delivery!

Can I ask, what would everyone do in my situation?

Wifes not that keen on the black, I like the idea, but havent seen it in the metal, silver was always her first choice, but she might be tempted.

Thanks in advance....

Aiden.

Black is a colour you can never keep clean and if she really wants silver/black you'll just be coverting other cars every time you see them for your entire ownership.

If you can afford the £1200, I'd go for it for the silver/black following other reasons as well as immediate delivery:

Sports Seats; Hold you in place when you start to throw it around, which she will do eventually and if not you will if your ever allowed to drive the thing! Plus Half Leather is a bonus.

Run Flat Tyres: I don't really like any of the spare wheel options. Sealant and compressor messy and not guarenteed. Space saver, speed limited, tyre has to inflated to pressure that some garages cannot reach, also it's stuck under the car so could it be stolen easily? So that you leaves you with runflats which are likely to be more expensive to replace but and here's what sold it for me.... if she has a puncture at night, on the motorway, in the wet or a combination of all three the runflats will most likely get her somewhere safe may be even home.

Sports, or Sports + suspension I liked them both on test drives Sports+ keeps the car absolutley rigid when cornering but can be a little too firm, I've opted for Sports as a compromise considering the fact that the runflats also stiffen the ride up a bit.

Silver interior trim, chrome bumpers and vanity lights. Now find me a gal who won't like those.

Good luck with you decision.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A few questions before I can offer any advices...

1. Can you [really] afford the extra £1200.00 ?
2. How much do you love your wife? :D
3. Who'll end up having to wash and care for the car?

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ADO15 said:
A few questions before I can offer any advices...

1. Can you [really] afford the extra £1200.00 ?
2. How much do you love your wife? :D
3. Who'll end up having to wash and care for the car?
Reply:
1. I can stretch for the extra £1200.00, over the planned budget, but manageable.
2. Its almost Valentines, so I can get a little soppy - I really love her !!:D :D
3. Ill be washing the car !!:( :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts