MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got another toy, ordered a purple (new colour) 05 cooper s, also ordered the full AmD 275hp conversion to be installed as soon as i get the car

anyone runnin amd stuff in hk?

bought too many toys lately la :D gotta stop soon haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
haha sorry ar, i m living in new zealand at the moment, coming back to hk in dec
anyway in nz there isn't much of a wait, jan is the next shipment

but i will consider buying another one in hk to run around in when i m back

·
Track Junkie
547 Posts
Hi,

I think you're better off buying a 147GTA instead of buying a MCS and spend hell loads modifying it. This is money you cannot recoup, and reliability is unknown.

Finding a shop that you can trust to do a good conversion without missing a bolt is another problem.

I heard of someone with the BBR275 in the UK, and the car broke down after 1000km. Don't know the details though. Didn't bother to find out anyway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hows it man,
yeh 147 GTA is cool, we are family friends with Kingsway cars in hk who sells Alfa, Lambo

but i don't need that, i have a S3 and a RS4 so, this is just for the hell of it hehe.

·
Mini Black
240 Posts
Test drove the 147GTA last month. The car is real fast with lots of power and "characteristic"! If resell value is not a concern, I would say 147GTA would be a great choice!

·
Track Junkie
547 Posts
The V6 offers a lot of low end torque that the MCS is lacking, which is exactly what you need in the city. OK...the resale value for any car will be poor when compared to the Minis, but I don't think it would be too difficult to sell the GTA for a good price if you can find the right buyer.

·
Mini Black
240 Posts
Hubert said:
The V6 offers a lot of low end torque that the MCS is lacking, which is exactly what you need in the city. OK...the resale value for any car will be poor when compared to the Minis, but I don't think it would be too difficult to sell the GTA for a good price if you can find the right buyer.
Hubert, want to do a group buy of 147GTA? :p

I am seriously considering of getting one! But, still struggling with the reliability and resell value of Alfa!

·
Track Junkie
547 Posts
I know 2 owners of the 156 and they both said that the reliability of Alfa cars has improved a lot since the 156. I did consider this car before, and I was advised to take the manual and not the Selespeed, which some say it doesn't work very well.

There're two Alfa clubs in HK, each with their own website. You might want some feedback from the owners first.

Well, if you buy a white one, you'll know that somebody will buy it off you when you come to sell it ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
New Golf GTI... hmmm....
Don't like the front. Has that "Audi front grill", a very big black nose.
Also a bit to large for me, I saw a Golf 2.0 FSI at the car park last week.
However I do like the new DSG transmission, this would be perfect for HK roads.

Wonder how much it would cost in HK.

·
Track Junkie
547 Posts
Golf GTi? No thanks. You better stick to your Mini :D

ERDoc, you must've considered buying the GTA before, haven't you?

·
Mini Black
240 Posts
The new GTi look hugh from pictures and not sure what it would look like in real, the only sweat thing I can think of this car at this point of time is its 200HP and DSG gearbox. I was told by the VW sales that you can put in deposit and it is est. at $300K.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have driven the Mk5 range, not the GTi though, n i have 2 Mk4, It is definately a better car in all respect.

I will be provided with a mK5 GTi for our company, so i will let you guys know if its a worth while buy or not (we do vw mods n so forth for the dealership in nz)

·
Registered
129 Posts
cliffywong said:
ERdoc,

You really know how to ruin a person's choice of cars.

:D:)
Despite my respect for Alfas, I just don't wish to meet any potential Alfa owners on a PROFESSIONAL basis. ;-)

Cheers,

ER Doc :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
KarmanS said:
I'd still take a MCS with the new JCW package please :)

The Astra 2.0 turbo with 200hp that's coming out early next year is a nice offering in the hot hatch segment as well if you insist on additional versatility offered in a 4 door hatchback.
There should be a 220hp version coming out also, but with 3 doors. Much better looking then the golf gti.
Now if they could spice up the interior..... :(

ERdoc,

Agree with you, I really don't want to meet you on a professional basis. ;)
Fast and goodlooking cars are great, but protection is mandatory.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
walexis said:
There should be a 220hp version coming out also, but with 3 doors. Much better looking then the golf gti.
Now if they could spice up the interior..... :(
The 3 door version (codename GTC), if at all a business feasible model to come to the HK market, will not appear locally until MY '06. That Lotus tuned chassis and 250bhp engine I've been reading about in the OPC version of the GTC sounds very enticing too, not to mention the non-coupe Astra already gaining a 5 star safety rating in the EuroNCAP.

The 5-dr variant of the Astra is slated to arrive to our roads within the first two months of '05.

Apologies for going slightly off course from the original topic of this thread. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts