MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted a dooper for a while now, for the MPG, cheap road tax, same as everybody else really!

well on saturday afternoon i drove to Soper Mini, in Lincoln, which is about an hours drive from my house,

too look at a second hand dooper, but when i got there someone had beat me too it!

so i thought I may aswell price up a brand new one whilst i was here, and i ended up signing on the dotted line!

Ive got a Midnight Black Mini Cooper D

with some options added on:

Chili Pack
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Chrome Line Interior
Darkened Rear Glass
Park Distance Control
TLC package

and the BMW A-Guard/Superguard thing for the interior, wheels and paint

and including the £80 DVLA fee to swap my personal plate over, it came in at

£17,560.

which I was pretty impressed with because the 2nd hand Dooper I looked at didnt have the PDC or multi-function wheel, with 7k on the clock that was £14,995,

Isn't it funny how when you tell them your paying in cash they all of a sudden offer you there 'super special mega once in a life time boss-is-gonna-have-my-pants-down-when-he-finds-out-i-offerd-you-it' finance interest rate?

they told me i can have it at 4% if I wanted,

I bet if I asked for finance they would of wanted 8%!

It'll be here before christmas, I can't wait :D

·
Turn Up The Torque
110 Posts
Isn't it funny how when you tell them your paying in cash they all of a sudden offer you there 'super special mega once in a life time boss-is-gonna-have-my-pants-down-when-he-finds-out-i-offerd-you-it' finance interest rate?

they told me i can have it at 4% if I wanted,

I bet if I asked for finance they would of wanted 8%!
I had a rant on the policies of finance sales over the car itself on another thread on here and in particular how the sales team are so bad at Eastern Mini in Edinburgh. It's so frustrating and the more people I hear it from, the more I realise that the motor trade is as corrupt as it comes.

Anyway, on a positive note, congrats on the order. Sounds like a nice spec and would love to hear your stories once you get it.

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts