MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered from Souh Bay Mini today and here are the specs....

Base MSRP*
$24,900

Destination & Handling
$550

paint
Hyper Blue Body Color
$420
Black Top
STD
Body Color Mirrors
STD

package
Cold Weather Package
$300
Heated Front Seats
Heated Side Mirrors and Washer Jets

Convenience Package
$400
Universal Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps

Premium Package
$1,350
Chrome Line Interior
Automatic AC
On-Board Computer
3-Spoke w/Cruise and Multifunction
8-Spkr. Harman Kardon Sound System

Sport Package
$1,350
Dynamic Stability Control
Front Fog Lamps
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
17" 5-Spoke Bullets (Performance)
No Bonnet Stripes

*performance

Sport Suspension
STD

Rear Fog Lamp
$100

6-Speed Getrag Manual
STD

cockpit

Sport Seats
STD

Leather: Dark Blue
$1,300

Int. Surface Anthracite
$0

Park Distance Control
STD

TOTAL MSRP AS CONFIGURED*
$30,670

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
not bad, why oh why does crossing the pond mean your car can devalue! are we brits subsidising MINIs for you peeps or what! that sort of spec over here would be nearer the $40k mark i reckon

·
Registered
48 Posts
arbee said:
not bad, why oh why does crossing the pond mean your car can devalue! are we brits subsidising MINIs for you peeps or what! that sort of spec over here would be nearer the $40k mark i reckon
We don't pay VAT... Then again, traveling in the EU, I have no idea of large ticket items would be charged VAT, since I've never walked up to the airport refund counter and tried to find out...

but 20% VAT on top of 30K MSRP would bring that to 36K, so we're close I'd think... Then again, do your figures include VAT towards that pricing mark?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only question I would have to the order specified is the combination of the blue exterior and the internal blue color... When I was considering building a mini (before I found the one below on the lot for sale), I was thinking a color contrast such as external green/green and interior cordoba leather/carpet-beige...

The again, my 2003 mini was burgandy red exterior and tartan red/antrhacite interior -- and the colors worked ... lots of good comments about them...

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
UK VAT is normally 17.5% on cars, dont you pay some state governed sales tax included in that? normally about 8-10%?

Still nice spec, id like to see the leather/paint combo on a car first tho, i see ipoulin's point!

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same concern, but I've seen a hyper blue w/ blue leather/interior and I think it works.

The interior is such a dark blue that it doesnt' really clash as long as you don't have a hyperblue headliner which would then be a bit too much.

I'm debating changing to get the web alloy wheels.

And here in Los Angeles, our tax is 8.25%. Plus a bit more for licensing and registration. Once you add that all it comes in somewhere under $34K.

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
I am liking your specs a lot - very close to my original specs. We had a Hyper Blue/Blue Leather car here and I liked the combination. That car also had the Hyper Blue interior trim and it worked well. I also like the Web Alloys, but I'm curious to see what they look like in person first.

Although I have yet to order, I have changed my specs to include the Sunrise Orange/Blue cloth/Leather interior with Hyper Blue interior trim. I really like the wet suit material and color contrast.

My other spec is Liquid Yellow /Black leather and LY interior trim with the Anthracite R90 alloys. I just cannot decide!

Congrats on your order!

-Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
JPit said:
You might want to think about the LSD, also.
I complete agree ... I have a hard time grabbing the road in mine. I almost wish I would have waited a few months to order it with LSD. But then again, if you don't plan on driving agressively, you're probably okay ...

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
arbee said:
UK VAT is normally 17.5% on cars, dont you pay some state governed sales tax included in that? normally about 8-10%?

Still nice spec, id like to see the leather/paint combo on a car first tho, i see ipoulin's point!

Sales tax is applicable. Sales tax is collected by the state, county, and municipality...they vary but here in Denver it was about 7.5%. Sales tax is never quoted as part of the price..but added after the fact.

Since that cost is not reflected in the vehicle's price., if we say $27,500 for the car..the tax is added on later and increases that price. The license for the vehicle can vary tremendously. I'll pay around $500 for the first year and a bit less as the car depreciates. In other states it could be as low as $50.

Peter...in Denver

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I used to live in Maryland, our vehicle registration was a flat fee, I think it was like 40 bucks for two years, so twenty/year (This was like six years ago--I'm sure it's more now, but I think it's still a flat fee). In California the registration fee is a percentage of the car's value...so in essence it's really a property tax that you pay every year. It was a big shock to go from paying twenty dollars per year to three hundred--and that was for a car that was a few years old.

On a separate note, re: LSD, is that something I REALLY need if I have no plan to be taking this car to a track? Spirited driving, yes I will be doing that, but how hard does the car need to be pushed before I would notice a real difference with the LSD?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2005 MCSC and definitely drive on the more spirited side of things. I have the wheels spin out at least several times a week when taking off. Its not a horrible issue, but you need to stay aware that you may not have all the power available to you from the get-go. (If you are hoping to jump out and change lanes off the line, you need to practice a little caution.) I really think Mini should make LSD standard on the cars.

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I have a few weeks to change my order as it's slated to be a February build. After hearing so much bad about the BMW leather, maybe I should ditch that and add the LSD. Or keep and and still add the LSD, lol.

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
dancefreak said:
I think I have a few weeks to change my order as it's slated to be a February build. After hearing so much bad about the BMW leather, maybe I should ditch that and add the LSD. Or keep and and still add the LSD, lol.
What's so bad about the BMW leather? The leather in my BMW has been excellent and I have not noticed any problems with the leather in the MINIs either.

And now I am considering adding LSD to my order ... the price just keeps climbing!

-Steve

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't had any experience with it myself, and I was kinda looking forward to getting leather, but I've been reading a lot of really negative stories both here and elsewhere.

I'm glad to hear a differing opinion on BMW leather. Maybe most people just don't take care of it? And that's why it gets worn. I dunno. I'll prolly keep it I plan to treat it nice. :)

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen the hyper blue w/ blue hood and I think it's a bit too much blue for me personally.

The black top provides a nice contrast and matches the black above the wheels and along the windshield.

·
Registered
514 Posts
dancefreak said:
When I used to live in Maryland, our vehicle registration was a flat fee, I think it was like 40 bucks for two years
You must have moved a while ago, lol. Cost for MD tags now is $128 for two years if car < 3,700 lb, or $180 if car is heavier than that. :rolleyes:

I agree w/ you on contrasting roof color. I ordered black top w/ Cool Blue and dark blue leather interior. I too think it compliments the black body trim nicely. I also added black bonnet stripes for more contrast.

·
topless in SoCal
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't lived there for seven years. Now that I think about it though, the fee had just gone to $60 right before I moved. I still have family there and my sister recently graduated from UMD--knowing that Maryland has had budget issues jacking up college tuitions among many things, I guess I can see it jumping up so much since then.

Still much cheaper than Califorinia though!

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
dancefreak said:
I've seen the hyper blue w/ blue hood and I think it's a bit too much blue for me personally.

The black top provides a nice contrast and matches the black above the wheels and along the windshield.
I agree! We have a Hyper Blue MCSC in our showroom with the Black top and Black Leather and it looks great!

And on a separate note, we have a Cool Blue MCSC with the Blue Roof and Cordoba Brown Leather and the color combination looks awesome. Not my personal cup of tea, but I'm sure it won't last long before it finds a home!

-Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.