MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Cooper S yesterday. Chili red with white roof and white bonnet stripes, chilli pack, auto aircon, full leather (black), CD Boost, Harmon Kardon HiFi.

Not sure about the interior trim colour yet, have asked for anthracite but may change to alloy patina as it's starting to grow on me.

Estimated delivery late November to early December.

I cant wait!! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Waiting Game

Congrats on the order!

If you are anything like me, you will be eating, sleeping and dreaming MINI during the countdown to delivery (D) day.

Look forward to seeing some pics when you get it.

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Congrats on order, now it's the hard part!!! :D :D

I can't believe 7 weeks, I have 78 days to go and I've been waiting for about 35 already.

Sometimes life is just not fair!!!!

Enjoy Iwan, let us see some pics from pick up day!

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Congrats on ordering - nice spec.

Dont forget when she comes that your in the New MINI Severns area so if you fancy a run just sign up on our mini2 threads or via our own web site - link in my sig.

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovetts in Swindon reckoned they couldn't get one until March 2005, Rydale in Cardiff had one available in November, North Oxford have spaces for February.

I ended up ordering from 'Damon Hill' in Warwickshire, as they could get one for Nov/Dec and there's obviously the celebrity motorsport connection. I wonder if Damon will be there to hand my keys over.... ;)

Will post pics when it's here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
jammythart said:
andrewdelvard, where is this 7 week delivery quoted???
We've been quoted several times by our local dealership Ocean Plymouth, 7 weeks delivery :sigh:
I'm going to call them in about 10mins and clarify this.
I'll post an update......

·
Registered
9 Posts
andrewdelvard said:
We've been quoted several times by our local dealership Ocean Plymouth, 7 weeks delivery :sigh:
I'm going to call them in about 10mins and clarify this.
I'll post an update......
Me: About those delivery times. Can you just confirm for me the 7 weeks you quoted?
Them: Hang on a sec, I'll just confirm that.......Sorry! Thats just gone up too....The end of Novemeber!

:confused: Why be so crap about something so fundametal to a car purchase? Feel let down but glad I read this post otherwise wouldn't have known.
Ah well......

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Don't worry Andy, it happens to the best of us,

I was told September then it grew to October, yesterday it grew to end of October......poontash.

Have you ordered one then?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
jammythart said:
Don't worry Andy, it happens to the best of us,

I was told September then it grew to October, yesterday it grew to end of October......poontash.

Have you ordered one then?????
We were going to order one today actually. Thats why I was so interested when I saw the topic :D :rolleyes:

Really needed the car for the new term time in September as my partner is a teacher and it just would have been very convenient.
On another note we wanted to swap the 17" Wheels in the Chilli pack ofr the Union Jack stylee 16" Alloys in the accessory book (I'd heard this could be done if the dealership was flexible)The reply? No can do.
Not very happy with the dealership at the moment. All the same I think Rachels set her heart on this so we'll just have to muddle along like everyone else does :)

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
I ordered my MCS last week from Lovetts in Swindon as not bothered about the wait - well I am but as only had my MC since March 2003 seems kind of right to keep it two years before changing. If you want to get MCS's fairly quickly I've heard the London dealers get the best allocations and can get you them quicker than most places. Park Lane and Chiswick are meant to be able to get cars fairly speedily - not sure how soon though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
wildchild jules
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing