MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Cooper today and very very happy. Haven't got an exact date yet but should be sometime in December :) :)

Spec is:

Astro black body and astro black roof
Chili pack with the 16" 7-fin alloys (black/black cloth/leather interior)
Have specified sports suspension plus :confused:
Chromed mirrors
Alloy patina interior
ASC+T, radio boost with CD player
Cruise control

Can't wait!

Would be really appreciative if someone has got photos of a mini in astro black with an astro black roof as i've never seen one!

Now going off to jump around in joy.

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
hey, congrats on the order, be prepared for a wait tho, i ordered my Mini One at the beginning of july and the estimated date now is 4/11/04... grrrr

·
Hey Mickie you're so fine
41 Posts
Proud parents of twins !!

Check us out!! I ordered my MC on Saturday too in exactly the same colour...body and roof. I was thinking about the BEP instead but once I saw it in day light I wasn't convinced. Astro black is much smarter. I've added the chilli pack, air con and 6 disc CD.

I've managed to bore everyone silly in the past few days. No-one else seems to understand how excited I actually am. I'm hoping for a December delivery. Not quite sure how I'm gonna last between now and then but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Let me know if anyone sends you any photos.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha!

Thanks everyone.

I thought I was the only one ordering a mini in astro black body and roof! My concern is not for the colour itself but if in direct sunlight the blue tint is very noticeable then it might be obvious roof and body are in the same colour (not a problem in straight black) and people might not even think I have a Cooper!

But to be honest from what i've seen of astro black it is wicked and should look great.

Vickster, strange we both ordered on Saturday also for delivery sometime in December!

I've also been boring the hell out of friends, family and colleagues!

My local radio station has taken delivery of a One in Astro black and therefore if I get to see it i'll try and take a photo.

Waiting for December; its like being a child again! :cool: :cool:

·
Hey Mickie you're so fine
41 Posts
Received confirmation of my order yesterday. They reckon estimated date for delivery is 7th January 2005!!! Do you know when yours is? Don't think I can wait that long.

In the mean time does anyone in the Kent area fancy giving me a spin in theirs? :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
is it just me or can you not spec ASC+T without DSC in the US? Is it different elsewhere. I always see people saying that they spec the ASC+T, but over here that's not possible on the Cooper without getting the DSC with it.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the UK:

Mini One and Mini Cooper come with neither. If you want ASC+T its £100, if you want DSC its £320.

Mini One D and Mini Cooper S come with ASC+T. If you want DSC its £220.

Thats a shame you can't spec ASC+T on its own. DSC is quite expensive (although I'm sure its good!)

Vickster, 7th January? I haven't been told when mine is yet but I really really hope its before Christmas! I thought your dealer told you December? won't be happy if my dealer 'bent' the truth to get my order. But hey it will be worth it in the end.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
i ordered mine yesterday too - hooray for us :D:D

cooper in pepper white all over, due december

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know how you feel when i was waiting for mine I was sooooo excited, I talked about mine so much I think I p******d my work mates off, anyway I got mine in astro black with a white roof and astro black just looks the business! Especially in the sun. I can quite honestly say I dont think I have driven such a great car, these coopers rock. :black:
Enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.