MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Could a fellow canadian who already ordered from tirerack tell me how much overhead $$ is involved with regards to duty / taxes compared to their prices including shipping. Eg. I was quoted 594$us shipping included to Montreal for four michelin pilot alpinP2 215-45-17. I was wondering how much duty and cdn taxes I had to expect over that. At that price I'm considering getting those over cheaper dunlops.

:cool:

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
You will pay 6% or 7% duty, 7% GST and any provincial tax if applicable.
Depending on the carrier, you will pay a varying amount for brokerage - I have a shipment coming from the U.S. via UPS, and they quoted $59 CDN for brokerage. (wheel and tire set)
This shipment is not from the Tire Rack, but years ago I had a good experience dealing with them - attentive customer service, and they treated me very fairly in a return situation.
The exchange rate is good right now for purchases in the U.S. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It's amazing to see the canadian vs us msrp difference on some of these tires.

<edit> I'm regularly spending time on 1010tires.com to browse wheels / tires, these guys have the best wheels / tires search engine on the net, beating tirerack imo. Plus the tire sizing tool is very useful and well laid out. That being said they advertise the same prices as most local tire shops around my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts