MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orders for the "S" must be good. A workmate of mine knows someone who works for the company that makes the MINI bonnets.
He said that the orders they have received for the "S" bonnet have tripled recently!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
R1 said:
Orders for the "S" must be good.
Not surprising at all,,, look at how popular it is on this website; Many more postings than the other flavors. Not to mention that its not really that expensive for those who are interested in this sort of auto.

Pretty sure mine will be here by summer, fingers and toes crossed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My son is considering in getting the Acura RSX but is looking foward to test driving the "S" with me maybe he'll convert like I did from Honda to BMW:D

·
Registered
783 Posts
Are there firm delivery dates for the first batch of U.S. MINIs? That there are cars already on U.S. soil would seem to indicate that we're not going to have to wait until September, or whatever others may have heard. Any chance that those of us who are fairly high on the list(s) will be able to enjoy our cars during the Summer months?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rickb, are you trying to get me in trouble?;)

We all get demo's of teh S when we open, and customer cars are supposed to start coming at a few in may, and a full batch in june. Tha national launch is March 22nd, though we are not sure what that means for the dealers who are not ready.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hey Tim, a buddy of mine, who is not entirely car-ignorant, said he saw MINIs in Seattle on two occasions, maybe two weeks ago; yes/no/maybe?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a cooper here for about 5 hours, but we didn't go north of fife, and I didn't have time to call anyone. Too much time driving it:D

Have to say it was a blast, with a CVT even!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Let's see, me in the back seat at 5'8", two tech's in front, 6'2", 45-55 around 180 degree turns into 60 mph s curves, traction control off. The CVT winds up to about 5000 rpm, then slips you out like an express lift at a ski resort. Rides on rails on the freeway, no problems IMHO as far as power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts