MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we should introduce our MCS. Its a 2004 53 plate with 40k on the clock. Looks to have been an ex.Mini demonstrator, and seems to have just about every extra that was in the book :D

Since getting it i've done the Halo side lights, LED rears (thanks Matt for suitable lamps), Chrome line interior, waiting for the Intravee to come so i can fit it next week. Phil did the stripes for us, and a trip to 1320 seems inevitable...

Coming from Japanese perfomance ownership in the past (MKIV TT Supra, Celica GT4 Turbo, Subaru Forester Turbo) i didnt think i'd find anything to give me the same smile - guess i was well wrong there !!

Its supposed to be my wifes car, though i've already managed to sneak it out to work a couple of times ;)

Just finished one of my marathon cleaning sessions so seemed the right time to post some pictures below (all clickable images).

For those of you interested in cleaning the images below are from the cleaning process.
These included Snowfoam/shampoo wash, clayed, machined, and finished with very high Carnuba content Wax.

Hope you enjoy - I'm sure they'll be more things to post about in the future, especially as i'm seriously considering getting a Clubman S for myself now :biggrin:

Dean.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
FAB S!! :D

the cleaning sessions went the same way with me. Now i've got OCD (obessive Car Detailing)! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks good, good job :D

Whats Claying? Lovely S Mr. Best of luck with him/her/it
Claying is a process which removes bonded on contaminants(sp?) on your paintwork. You spray the car with lube (usually quick detailer) and gently run the cars paint with a claybar. Comes out with some decent results and isn't the hardest thing in the world to do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts