MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

this is my first post so please go easy on me!

Had the cooper for about six months now, the girl friend really likes the car but i was not so sure? until now! went on mini2 site ( great web site i must say ) looked at other people's cars got the bug and started to change it.
The roof was the only thing that was done when we perchased the car, went on from that as you can see buy the pics.

Two things i would like to know though is it a bad thing in changing the side indicators to cooper s ones( i have changed the s logo to be different ) as not a lot of cooper owners have changed them?
Other thing is not sure on the wheels to get do like the s type but not sure?
girl friend wants to keep the ones on the car but i would like a nice set of 17".

thanks...

Attachments

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Hey, and welcome to MINI2 :D

Nice looking MINI you have there, especially with the aerokit and facelift headlamps :cool:

Have to say I'm not so keen on the S ventson a Cooper... I had the Moss ones on my Cooper, they keep the stock Cooper look, but add a bit of chrome (not cheap mind!! :eek:)

MossMini.com - Parts & Accessories for Your BMW Mini Cooper

For wheels, check out the MINI2 classfieds (see above), you might find a set in there you like ;)

Happy MINIing...

Jon

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Nice MINI... I'm quite partial to the ol' black and white colour scheme :D
Doesn't help that I drive a MINI a bit like yours minus the chequered roof and mirrors :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are cooper

Thanks
minicabrio (Joh)
85nixmini
posts001
aussie11 for your replies.:)
work nights so replies will be slow!:frown:

minicabrio you were right bit pricey those side indicators..
So keep what I've done or put the black ones with white indicator lenses back on???
really cant make my mind up:hmph:

Thanks again people..

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
minicabrio you were right bit pricey those side indicators..
So keep what I've done or put the black ones with white indicator lenses back on???
really cant make my mind up:hmph

You could always spray your standard black vents gloss black to match the bodywork - that would look good :cool:

There are other options, search on ebay for "BMW Mini side vent" and there are chrome effect shark grilles etc. The ones of these I have seen though are flimsy plastic, compared to the Moss ones I posted about above which are solid metal ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could always spray your standard black vents gloss black to match the bodywork - that would look good :cool:

There are other options, search on ebay for "BMW Mini side vent" and there are chrome effect shark grilles etc. The ones of these I have seen though are flimsy plastic, compared to the Moss ones I posted about above which are solid metal ;)
I might just do that never crossed my mind spraying the old ones.
As i don't really like the shark grilles. thanks for the idea...

also should be picking up the new carbon gearknob/handbrake handle with the alcantara gaitors tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wheels

Hello!!!

Well I got some new (second hand) wheels. Went for the white S spokes in the end which were a bargin off of Ebay. Only paid £250 which included new Pirelli run flat tyres. Had them checked by the local garage who said there were no buckles and in excellent condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CHANGED OVER THE SIDE VENTS TODAY BACK TO STOCK WITH WHITE LENSES!!!

MY NEXT MOD WILL BE TO CHANGE THE SEATS TO A NICE PAIR OF WORKS SEATS
GET XMAS OUT THE WAY FIRST PLUS THE SERVICE, THEN SEE HOW THE CREDIT CRUNCH IS DOING:angry:
JUST PASSED MOT WITH FLYING COLOURS :D

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES PEOPLE...

·
Now with added boost...
139 Posts
Awesome deal on those alloys, really complements the look.

I tried to find some replacements for my white S spokes (which are a bit scuffed/curbed) before I replaced my run flats but failed to find any at a decent price.

4 new Pirelli run flats alone set me back over £400...

·
'Jack the Black' Cooper
907 Posts
Looks geat!! Have you sprayed the side vents? It's something I may look at doing now, it's a great idea!! Have changed the lenses to white ones, but think the gloss black could look great! I have the original wheels you had, think I'm going to paint my calipers black too. Will be really subtle, but I'll notice it's done!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts