MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a newbie and thought I'd showcase the wife's new mini, it's a 2011 mini cooper hatchback chilli pack. It came in superb condition but looks even better now I've detailed it using a clay bar, polish etc??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Doesn't the website downsize the original pics
Not sure TBH. I know the limit is 500kb and everything we all use takes much bigger pics than that. I have an old laptop and use MS Picture Manager to resize them down to about 300kb-450kb to post on here.

So how big is this pic if you can have a look at the size? On my W10 laptop it is showing as 298kb. Is it better quality looking than your pics? Interested.

Attachments

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
46kb showing on mine Nigel

Is there a length/width limit as opposed to/as well as a size limit? Maybe the quality is lost depending on the original proportions

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
First but showing 50 now, very odd. Edit silly me the 50 is the second pic lol.

It says the size the bottom of the thumbnail for me, have to click to see the full image

74290C2A-2965-4DF8-BB4C-D59709993E6D.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's shiny, I like the colour, and whatever you've used on the tyres, it doesn't look like it's driven through an oil spill - all plus points :)

However ... and I don't think I'm being OCD here, you're the one that said you'd "detailed" it ;) - the drivers floor mat & pedals just don't pass inspection, white gloves or the magic finger ;) aren't even required.

For the pedals I'd suggest something like Autoglym interior "shampoo" spray, cheap toothbrush & an old towel to stop spray drift/splatter, scrub & wipe down with a wet cloth, repeat until they now longer have that "just came from a back street garage" (combination of rust, oil, concrete dust). Don't use anything shiny in the pedal area afterwards, better a slighlty dull finish that a foot slipping ...

Mats, similiar but pull out of the car & use a nail brush & dry carefully ... or replace with rubber ones, they are easier to clean. Genuine MINI ones are expensive IMO, but fit very well & add a bit of interest in terms of texture, being both ribbed and dimpled.

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks great it is just a shame about the picture quality being changed. I wish I had gotten a different colour Mini now, mine is white and while I can get the wet look it just doesn't compare to a wet look on say red, black or blue.

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
Looks great it is just a shame about the picture quality being changed. I wish I had gotten a different colour Mini now, mine is white and while I can get the wet look it just doesn't compare to a wet look on say red, black or blue.
The white is a nice colour for the Minis I think would look awesome with blue stripes.:nerd:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I lost about a thousand photos even though I had a paid Photobucket account before the charging fiasco... fortunately I also had most of them on old harddrives too. Coming onto this forum does make photo posting a bit longwinded compared to several other forums i’m On where you have 1mb of storage and can upload images that get automatically resized in the process of uploading. For Mini2 I have opened an Imageshack free account and that has menus to copy the link for posting to a forum/ website. I’m not sure how much photos get resized but sometimes when I post links to the pictures here I can only see half a photo! At least here when you post a photo taken on an iPhone or iPad they come out the right way round, on some forums they come out either upside down or rotated through 90 degrees.

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
That is very nice car model.
Maybe if it was a little more slammed model, I would find it even more attractive.
Don’t think a slammed car wouldn’t suit the driving conditions here I have a hard enough time in my stock mini with runflats lol

·
Sour Mash
1,330 Posts
I lost about a thousand photos even though I had a paid Photobucket account before the charging fiasco... fortunately I also had most of them on old harddrives too. Coming onto this forum does make photo posting a bit longwinded compared to several other forums i’m On where you have 1mb of storage and can upload images that get automatically resized in the process of uploading. For Mini2 I have opened an Imageshack free account and that has menus to copy the link for posting to a forum/ website. I’m not sure how much photos get resized but sometimes when I post links to the pictures here I can only see half a photo! At least here when you post a photo taken on an iPhone or iPad they come out the right way round, on some forums they come out either upside down or rotated through 90 degrees.
Tend to use the PC for anything more than a written message personally as iOS may have made internet more accessable but takes away all but the basic functionality/options you get with a proper computer

·
Registered
71 Posts
The white is a nice colour for the Minis I think would look awesome with blue stripes.:nerd:
I like the white (got it because they're more visible lol) but honestly when detailing cars there's nothing better than a perfectly polished coloured car, with white you can get it looking great but they never look quite as shiny, will post some pics of mine up soon :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts