MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed from scratch an Outside/Ambient Air tempreture Sensor on my 2002 Mini One R50 as the speedo I had retrofitted also, showed -40.
Turns out there was not one actually installed, which makes sense as there was not even a rev counter with the car, so I did it myself.
Would a step by step guide, parts used (with links) with install images be beneficial to anyone?
If so I'll happily create said guide in as much detail as I can over the next few days.
Sometimes for me, its the little things on a car that matter, and seeing that -40 all the time was REALLY annoying me.

P.S. It's super simple if you were to take on this job so don't threat.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently installed from scratch an Outside/Ambient Air tempreture Sensor on my 2002 Mini One R50 as the speedo I had retrofitted also, showed -40.
Turns out there was not one actually installed, which makes sense as there was not even a rev counter with the car, so I did it myself.
Would a step by step guide, parts used (with links) with install images be beneficial to anyone?
If so I'll happily create said guide in as much detail as I can over the next few days.
Sometimes for me, its the little things on a car that matter, and seeing that -40 all the time was REALLY annoying me.

P.S. It's super simple if you were to take on this job so don't threat.;)
HI, got the same issue on an R50 we have just bought, fitted the rev counter wihc to my suprise worked straight away although showing a couple of warning lights and crazy outside temps, the car doesnt have an outside temp sensor couldnt see any obvious plugs be great for guidance if you can (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts