MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my mini is over heating I’ve had the thermostat changed new fan put in but it’s still over heating, I’m now losing coolant, and gauge has gone straight to full when I popped out earlier and when I stopped the fan kicked in and was working over time by the sounds of it for a good few minutes. If anyone can help or any ideas my mechanic has told me it just needs to run abit but I’m not sure if he’s right. Thanks for reading and any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
913 Posts
what car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have to fill us in a bit ... And let's start with the year and type of engine, current mileage, color:)😉:, just kidding)
Now, when you put new thermostat and fan, was this an attempt to resolve the overheating or this all started after the event of replacing the items?!

·
Registered
913 Posts
age? motor?

if losing coolant your mechanic's wrong, fixing that first is obvious....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to fill us in a bit ... And let's start with the year and type of engine, current mileage, color:)😉:, just kidding)
Now, when you put new thermostat and fan, was this an attempt to resolve the overheating or this all started after the event of replacing the items?!
Hi
The thermostat, fan and water pump was changed to try and resolve the problem. With the fan we did find out that the wires was knackered so needed a new one anyway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
The thermostat, fan and water pump was changed to try and resolve the problem. With the fan we did find out that the wires was knackered so needed a new one anyway

Understand. Everything points to not properly working cooling system. I would first try to purge the system and make sure there is no air left in the cooling circuit. Next you can scan for the error codes. It would be obvious if everything is being reinstalled correctly. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts