MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into buying a new mini cooper for the past couple of weeks but cannot make up my mind whether i want to spend so much money. but when i look at cheaper alternatives... there's no competition.

I managed to test drive 1 over the weekend and the dealer had difficulty removing the keys from my hand when i returned it...

so, i was wondering what the overall opinion of the car is. What problems/defects have people has with the car and how much hassle have they been to fix. Has anyone noticed the novelty value wear off? stuff like that.

i'm really grateful for all the replies i hope to get. :)

- yossarian

·
Registered
374 Posts
Overall opinion - see the thread - are you happy with your Mini - below on this forum.

Problems/defects - visit the faults and fixes forum.

Novelty value waring off - I've had my Mini Cooper nearly 2 months now and the novelty has not worn off - its still getting better!!

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Well I think for £11,600, can you find a better car or a BMW for that price? ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
lol yeh go for it mate! its licks the clio 172 and co. :p and anything more expensive is just... well... more expensive :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
yossarian,

The problems of these cars is well documented in the faults and fixes section. Lots of people have faulty cars which have yet to be rectified. The left pull saga springs to mind. That is a fact.

Yes, the car is good fun to drive.

The novelty is starting to wane (for me anyhow).

I was seriously thinking of buying a Cooper S but I am already looking at alternatives.

Before I get flamed for writing this, I just thought that the truth be told. By all means buy one, but do so with your eyes open.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
my 2 pennies worth...

I've had the problems with the car and the dealership/BMW...
I drove a Toyota MR2 (£15000) and a Lupo GTi (£13000) neither come anywhere close to the MINI Cooper(IMO) so I've ordered another... picking it up this weekend (all being well). The MINI is great, it has it's teething problems but... BMW MUST sort them out under the warranty...(why else would TLC be so cheap ;)) go for it.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Not every car is as bad as some of the unlucky earlier ones. The problems seem to be wearing off, mines pretty much faultless (just a small niggle with a wiper blade), that's November build...

Go in with your eyes wide open? Come out with a huge smile on your face!

Dom

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm spending £17,000 on mine so it's no bargain, but after having a whole days on a test drive recently, both me and the other half, have absolutley no doubts at. I could spend £10000 on something more pragmatic with a few less toys and not have any finance, but you only live once. Try test driving some other cars and see if you can even contemplate buying any of them.

·
Enjoying Married Life!
501 Posts
I,ve had my ONE since September and have not had a single problem with it in just over 4000miles.

As a car salesman, I have been fortunate enough to drive hundreds of different cars from Smarts to Bentleys so I have my own opinion of what I like and want from a car and I bought a MINI. I think that says something for the baby beemer!

nc

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello Yossarian,

I've had a Cooper since October and despite some problems and the fact that it's at the garage at the moment, reckon it beats s**t out of the BMW 3 series I'm currently using.

Go for it.

(Hmm... I'm sure I've seen that username somewhere else! ;) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts