• pure gold - matching interior + black roof

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Speedster
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow mini owners & enthusiasts,

My first ever mini2 post so I thought I'd start by saying how impressed I am already with the great mini2.com community I've been a active thread viewer for the last few months since I ordered my mini cabrio on the first weekend that I could take one for a spin.

I was recommended to visit the Oxford plant tour before I went back in to dealerships to finalize my spec. I've been looking forward to it for a while now and it was well worth taking a day off to see all the different combinations and how the entire end to end build process which is truly amazing.

The tour started with a short presentation with the history of mini and also a few sales figures. Very interesting that now 1 in 3 cars going through the factory is now a convertible. Impressive when you think they build 3,500 minis a week.

Was also interesting the percentages of engine size (mini one, cooper and cooper s) as both the one and cooper s was nearly the same percentage with the bulk of minis being coopers.

After been dazzled by the 100s of robots they use to build the minis to the highest possible quality. Finally got to see them drive off the production line. Hundreds of different coloured minis was quite a sight. Also gave you a good feel for the most popular colour combinations and what they would end up looking like!

The downside it made you question your first choice after seeing how some of the other combinations looking in the flesh. After seeing the gold mini with matching interior I'm more confused then ever! At the time I ordered my mini I wasn’t expecting to buy a mini and was totally unprepared and had no idea what colour/spec that I wanted to go for?

Purposed spec:

- Mini Cooper Convertible 1.6 4-CYL 16V
- Black-Eye Purple
- Sports Seats - Front
- Cloth/Leather OCTAGON Black
- 16" 7 Spoke FIN Alloys
- ASC+T
- Dark Blue Hood
- Viper Black Strips
- Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi
- Multi-function on Stearing Wheel
- CHILI Pack
- 3 Spoke Spts Leather Stearing Wheel
- Chrome-Line Exterior
- Front Foglights
- Interior Light Package
- Pass Seat Height Adjust
- Storage Compartment Pack
- Trip Computer
- Velour Floor Mats
- City Floor Mats
- CD Changer Preparation
- Central Rev. Counter
- Mirror Caps in BodyColour
- Entrance Strips - Matt Chrome
- Remote Control Alarm
- Debadged with Cooper S/Works Badge

This is pretty much the spec that I was going for before I visited the factory now its all up in the air!

I have to finalize my spec in a couple of weeks so really need advice and pictures if you have any!

What do you think I should go for?

A) black eye purple :indi: silver viper stripes + dark blue roof.

B) black eye purple :indi: black viper stripes + black roof.

C) pure gold :gold: matching interior + black roof.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanking you all in advance,

·
Registered
514 Posts
Great post! Just the first of many I'm sure. It's wonderful that you were able to tour the factory and see so many different combinations in person before you had to commit to a color scheme. I can see where that could make things much harder though, lol. :D

I personally voted for the Black-Eyed Purple w/ Black stripes and black roof. I think that you get great contrast going this route w/o introducing too many colors. I also like how the black top balances the black lower body trim. (I ordered black top and black stripes on my Cool Blue.)

I'm sure that whichever you decide on it will look great. Can't wait to see pics of your final choice. :)

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
whilst gold is very nice, its got a poor resale value.

i would definitely go for BEP (black eye purple) black roof with back bonnet stripes...

Oh and Welcome to MINI2...:D

questions and my comments

• why debadge and put a CooperS works badge on a cooper? sounds daft to me?
  • also if your going to have a HK stereo (WAVE HU) with CD prep, your only going to be able to use a stock BWM CD boot changer with it. So i would spec a BWM boot changer.
  • dont have body coloured mirror caps, go with black, they get too scratched up, colours show the marks more than black does.

·
Speedster
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mistake not gonna unbadge it any more just leaving the cooper badge but may put on a works badge as a friend sent it to me! I would have loved to gone for the cooper s but I've only just been driving for 1 year so I doubt anyone would insure me hehe.

If anyone has any photos of either the black eye purple or solid gold it would be fantastic if you would be able to post them :0) I've not seen many out as of yet! Especially with viper strips that I've really fallen in love with!

G

·
Welcome to MINI2!!

My local dealer has a black eye purple cooper convertible and it looks absolutely fantastic, almost tempted to change the colour on my order to it!

How long do you have to wait for your new Mini?

·
Speedster
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting Time

Ordered it the first weekend they became availible to test drive and they promised that they would be able to guarantee delievery for the 1st of April which is my 25th birthday (no joke).

What was funny was I did speak to the guy doing the tour of the factory about the mini-speedster and the possible production of them in 2007 and he just laughed and said "no comment".

What was even more funny was when I asked him what car that he actually drives he said a MG lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi and welcome, I'm new too. I went to the dealership thinking I would order a green/w green top or the blue combo.. I came home with a black w/bonnet stripes w/ black top that was in the showroom, I thought I never wanted black but I love it. I think the hardest thing is the color choice. Nice you got to see the factory. Look forward to hearing your choice in the end.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
Mini-Speedster said:
My mistake not gonna unbadge it any more just leaving the cooper badge but may put on a works badge as a friend sent it to me! I would have loved to gone for the cooper s but I've only just been driving for 1 year so I doubt anyone would insure me hehe.

If anyone has any photos of either the black eye purple or solid gold it would be fantastic if you would be able to post them :0) I've not seen many out as of yet! Especially with viper strips that I've really fallen in love with!
try doing a search of galleries for pics of a BEP convertible.

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Hi Mini Speedster

And my i say welcome

I have a MOC coll blue with black hood and black vipers, i think that i am the only one with vipers on a cabrio so far but i'm not 100% on that.

If you want to see pics look in my gallery, or if you want to look in person pm me as i'm only in luton.

Have you considered the single cd hu as you get mp3 functionality with this. I have around 180+ albums that fit on 17 cd's much easier than a changer.

·
mini2 cruiser
45 Posts
Mickey, they put my first set of stripe on badly and then wanted to know if I wanted to replace them with new ones. These are called Vipers? Check my sig.

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
jean-ji

They certainly are vipers, nice one.

They are slightly diffrent to mine. My vipers go all the way down the bumpers as well.

But all vipers are good IMO.

Very nice car though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.