MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, GTT can supply any OZ wheel , for your new Mini. :smile: with full factory and GTT warranty.
Many available including the all new 'Allleggerita' in either Titanium , or colours such as blue, black, silver, red, orange , gold or white. Available in 2 different offsets. We will be holding some in stock in the near future aswell.
17" Allegeritta ...Prices from just £269+vat each !!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, Perhaps its a silly question but is it ok for RF tyres to be taken off one set of wheels and put onto a new set or would I need to buy new tyres as well as wheels?

Thank you

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Hi, Perhaps its a silly question but is it ok for RF tyres to be taken off one set of wheels and put onto a new set or would I need to buy new tyres as well as wheels?

Thank you
RF rims must be designed to retain the tyre from entering the wheel well when the tyre is deflated and subjected to cornering forces. It is perfectly fine to fit non-RF's on an RF rim....but not the other way around. I have no idea if the OZ's are designed for RF's though......I am sure that Roland can answer that.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys, yes runflats require run flat rims (strong but heavy) however non run flat tyres can be fitted to run flat rims. The OZs are not run flat rims, hence the the low weight.:smile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you for the replies.. Its just a shame its not the answer I wanted :( Now I cant have those wheels.
Hi Dan was looking on Dunlop site and this what it states about there DSST (runflat) tyres:

Advantages of the DSST technology:
The patented sidewall construction carries the vehicle's weight even when the tyre is flat
Special tyre construction with newly developed compounds and rubber mixtures avoids tyre destruction due to excessive flexing
Even with a complete loss of pressure, acceleration, braking and steering behaviour remains unchanged
Continued mobility up to a distance of 80 km / 50 miles at a maximum speed of 80 km/h / 50 mph in normal conditions
DSST-tyres can be mounted on any standard rim

Here is link to site; Dunlop Tyres UK

I think this is same for all second generation Runflat tyres, as I have a mate who has Bridgestone RE050 runflats on 7Jx18 standard rims. Hope this helps :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian.....thanks for that , I wasnt aware of this. So good news for some, Would be worth asking the various wheel manufactures aswell if their 'normal' wheels are ok with gen 2 runflat tyres, as unless they also say its ok I would not want to try it. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts