MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After booking an appointment on line, I recently took the short trip up to Wombourne to see Will at Performance Torque, in order to get the Cooper D remapped ( 1.6 BMW unit)
After taking the car out for a spin to check everything was ok, Will strapped it to the rolling road, while I made myself at home in the reception area, where there was a TV etc and a load of car mags' to keep me entertained for the duration.
According to Will, the BMW unit has a stronger turbo as well as a more efficient fuel and exhaust system than the PSA engine, allowing him to get the figures he does without compromising on reliability or fuel economy.
The results can be seen from the attached before/After dyno' readouts, but needless to say they are quite impressive.
The increase in Torque/power is great, allowing for effortless overtaking without the need to change gear as the torque curve is really fat exactly where you need it.
Will was very professional, and I can't recommend the service he provided highly enough::smile::

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe yes, but can't see it doing any harm to be fair. I'd defo' think about getting it done, as if mine is anything to go by it'll transform yours definitely for the better......
If you go on the site, you can send Will an e mail, and he will get back to you with any answers/concerns you may have matey I'm sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Eat Custard
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing