MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P1105 - Differential Pressure Sensor Intake Manifold Pressure Too High (Bank 1)
Is this the maf unit. Can it be cleaned and where is it located on a mini r56 thanks

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
P1105 - Differential Pressure Sensor Intake Manifold Pressure Too High (Bank 1)
Is this the maf unit. Can it be cleaned and where is it located on a mini r56 thanks
the maff and map sensor are in one its held into inlet manifold by a 8mm bolt, location in remove the airbox section that runs along passenger side next to ecu,, then look under the vvt motor towards the inlet manifold,, its a pain in backside to get at, i use 1/4 drive socket and extension bar to remove the bolt... i would if were you remove inlet manifold to gain access to the breather pipe on the other side as this tends to snap a lot the last 4 cars i have seen all had this pipe go brittle from heat this will vent crankcase and inlet manifold and cause all kinds of wrong reading like what you have, bmw sell the breather pipe its around £35 must be a solid pipe otherwise plays hell with the air fuel mixture and idle will jump around alot,,, also if got the inlet cam out of time can also cause same result,

·
Registered
2 Posts
the maff and map sensor are in one its held into inlet manifold by a 8mm bolt, location in remove the airbox section that runs along passenger side next to ecu,, then look under the vvt motor towards the inlet manifold,, its a pain in backside to get at, i use 1/4 drive socket and extension bar to remove the bolt... i would if were you remove inlet manifold to gain access to the breather pipe on the other side as this tends to snap a lot the last 4 cars i have seen all had this pipe go brittle from heat this will vent crankcase and inlet manifold and cause all kinds of wrong reading like what you have, bmw sell the breather pipe its around £35 must be a solid pipe otherwise plays hell with the air fuel mixture and idle will jump around alot,,, also if got the inlet cam out of time can also cause same result,
Aren't the MAF sensor and the MAP sensor two totally different sensors? MAF being "mass air flow" sensor and MAP being "Manifold actual Pressure" sensor?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Aren't the MAF sensor and the MAP sensor two totally different sensors? MAF being "mass air flow" sensor and MAP being "Manifold actual Pressure" sensor?
no on prince engines they combined them together same sensor dual application, it is located under the vvt motor sort of on side of air inlet manifold has 4 wires single plug, ironically looks more like a map sensor than a mass flow sensor, very rarely fail normally tends t be breather pipe cracked or leaking rocker cover or pcv system leaking, also a burnt out valve will be picked up by this sensor as differential pressure fault

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
That makes sense, as I was wondering why the Non S didn't appear to have a MAF sensor that I could find.
its a royal pain is arse to remove and replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts