MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So bought my mini about 2 weeks ago and love it, mods are stage 1 map, malan exhaust decat and stance + coilovers, only problem with it tho is ever since I've got it, if I go onto a dual carriage way and put my foot down, I get code p2884 boost deviation plausability, and the half engine light and limp mode, now I can put my foot down for short burst and everything is fine, it drives fine when normally, and can switch it off and back on and I get boost back until I do the same again, I've changed the diverted valve as that was broken, and changed vac line to actuator, anyone shed some light on it please as its doing me in now 馃ぃ

Registered
did you fit a genuine pierburg diverter also might be wear in penny valve on waste gate , also vac pipes under inlet where go in to the expansion tank for vac system,

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
did you fit a genuine pierburg diverter also might be wear in penny valve on waste gate , also vac pipes under inlet where go in to the expansion tank for vac system,
Yeah fitted a genuine one, and well I had the downpipe down and without any vaccum the penny valve you could rattle about? All vac lines are sweet already checked them

Registered
i would do smoke test on pressure side of system see if any leaks or split pipes perhaps, also check the pcv pipes for cracks maybe pcv in rocker cover bleeding boost off to crankcase,

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
i would do smoke test on pressure side of system see if any leaks or split pipes perhaps, also check the pcv pipes for cracks maybe pcv in rocker cover bleeding boost off to crankcase,
Well my rocker cover gasket is leaking?

Registered
if rocker cover gasket leaks it will effect pcv system and induction ie unmetered air flow as such, the crankcase is meant to be a sealed system the pcv valve closes the inlet when on boost prevents boost being pushed in to the crankcase,

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thank you ill replace that ASAP, dropped downpipe today again to double check, and found the penny valve, actuator valve whatever its called is loose and has alot of play in it so I suspect that is probably the cause of the boosting problems

Registered
Okay thank you ill replace that ASAP, dropped downpipe today again to double check, and found the penny valve, actuator valve whatever its called is loose and has alot of play in it so I suspect that is probably the cause of the boosting problems
way to tell is put a vac gauge pump on where the vac pipe goes and neg vac should seal at 14psi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts