MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:D Has anybody had got or driven the new mini with the paddle shift gear box? Is it quick to change gear, do you also get a auto gear box aswell? any post will be great for me to read.thanks MR P:cool:

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
We had one on a BMW, and it took ages to change gear - much better with a manual.

·
The wife thinks its hers!
236 Posts
We have the auto box and paddles on our MCS. I was sceptical at first but now would not consider a manual. Gear changing is silky smooth, great fun using the paddles (as you control the up and down shift) especially if driving quickly in sport mode :biggrin:, or effortless in town traffic just letting the auto box do it's own thing :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always thought that they would be just like having an auto, only paddle shift ive driven is on a saab and that was rather crap. Would have liked to got one for my cooper S but the extra cost put me off!

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I have never driven an S with flappy padle gearbox BUT I have driven a ferrari 360 with flappy padle gearbox. I have never smiled so much in my whole life when you pull it towards you and the car kicks you in the back as it accelerates off again!:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts