MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was just looking for some opinions on whether to get my alloys refurbished and painted white to match my stripes, roof and mirror caps.

It's either that or I just get them refurbished and left the colour they are!

PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Absolutely yes - I have a BRG Cooper S with white roof/mirror caps/ bonnet stripes and 16" 5 spokes on white and it look just right...

a pain to keep the wheels clean from brake dust however !

May be cheaper to buy a set off ebay and sell yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi there,

I was just looking for some opinions on whether to get my alloys refurbished and painted white to match my stripes, roof and mirror caps.

It's either that or I just get them refurbished and left the colour they are!

PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!
This what it will look like......:nice:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!
The pics really helped me decide to go for it. It actually looks pretty awesome.

I'd sell them and buy a new set but they're not in the best of conditions so I don't think I'll get much money.

Now I just have to find someone to do it for me.

What do you think about painting the brake calipers purple??

·
Registered
241 Posts
thanks guys!
The pics really helped me decide to go for it. It actually looks pretty awesome.

I'd sell them and buy a new set but they're not in the best of conditions so I don't think I'll get much money.

Now I just have to find someone to do it for me.

What do you think about painting the brake calipers purple??
NO WAY....Red or maybe yellow.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can paint the ones you have. I just did mine and it turned out well. The curb rash and be sanded down if not too deep. Lightly sand the wheel surface to get good adhesion of the new paint. Three or four light coats of color and then a couple coats of clear. I use Rustoleum spray paint. I've done three different sets now and have had no problem with chipping at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Painting you wheels

Hi ya... In terms of painting your wheels... you can rub them down and give them, some colour but they wont look so great.

I own a wheel refurbishing company... that can paint them what ever colour you want... I can get the guys to remove the damage as well.

Dont want to go on too much as dont want to come accross pushy.. but the finish is a powder coat lacquer which means that tyres on and off wont damage the paint.

if you want some details then get in touch... you will be looking at about £50 per wheel. We also have a diamond tooled cnc lathe, so if found a set of split rims that just needed a little attention... we could paint the centres white.... diamond cut the lips and then lacquer as above.

Not going to put the name of the company on... but if you need any help!!! then send me and email and I'll give you the details

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
SWD
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing