MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if others out there have the same problem that I do. On my driver side fender from behind the light housing to the edge of the bonnet my paint seems to be really blotchy :confused: . It is really evident when out in the sun. I have yet to see it on other parts of the car. The car is only a couple of weeks old and it appears to be a manufacturing issue. I think that I read somewhere that it is called mottle? Is this normal with the pure silver cars or is it something that the dealer should fix? I had a similar colored audi A4 before this and there were no issues like this. Any feedback would be appreciated. :silver:

·
Registered
39 Posts
SoCalMiniSJCW said:
I'm wondering if others out there have the same problem that I do. On my driver side fender from behind the light housing to the edge of the bonnet my paint seems to be really blotchy :confused: . It is really evident when out in the sun. I have yet to see it on other parts of the car. The car is only a couple of weeks old and it appears to be a manufacturing issue. I think that I read somewhere that it is called mottle? Is this normal with the pure silver cars or is it something that the dealer should fix? I had a similar colored audi A4 before this and there were no issues like this. Any feedback would be appreciated. :silver:
HI THERE I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH THE REAR BUMBER ON MY COOPER S , SO TOOK IT STRAIGHT BACK IN THE THE DEARLER,THEY SAID THEY COULD HARDLY SEE IT UNTILL I CONPLAINED A BIT MORE AND HAVE NOW OFFERED TO REPAINT IT BUT I WASN`T HAPPY WITH THAT,SO THEY ARE NOW GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH A BRAND NEW ONE.WAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN BRIGHT SUN LIGHT IS LIKE A LEOPARD SORT OF THING.ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY COULDN`T SEE IT BUT I`VE WORKED IN A BODY SHOP SO NO WAT I, LOOKING AT. YOU SHOULD GET IT SORTED,ONLY TROUBLE WITH SILVER IS ITS A HARD COLOR TO MATCH SO NORMALLY THEY HAVE TO FLASH INTO THE AJOINING PANEL.SO I YOU DO GET IT DONE MAKE SURE IT DOES MATCH IN ALL LIGHTs..! OTHERWISE IT WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUM IN FEW YEAR AND IF YOU SELL IT , BUYERS MAY NOTICE AND THINK YOU`VE HAD MORE WORK DONE THAN YOU HAVE....? HOPE THATS OF SOME HELP :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts