MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if others out there have the same problem that I do. On my driver side fender from behind the light housing to the edge of the bonnet my paint seems to be really blotchy :confused: . It is really evident when out in the sun. I have yet to see it on other parts of the car. The car is only a couple of weeks old and it appears to be a manufacturing issue. I think that I read somewhere that it is called mottle? Is this normal with the pure silver cars or is it something that the dealer should fix? I had a similar colored audi A4 before this and there were no issues like this. Any feedback would be appreciated. :silver:

·
Registered
39 Posts
SoCalMiniSJCW said:
I'm wondering if others out there have the same problem that I do. On my driver side fender from behind the light housing to the edge of the bonnet my paint seems to be really blotchy :confused: . It is really evident when out in the sun. I have yet to see it on other parts of the car. The car is only a couple of weeks old and it appears to be a manufacturing issue. I think that I read somewhere that it is called mottle? Is this normal with the pure silver cars or is it something that the dealer should fix? I had a similar colored audi A4 before this and there were no issues like this. Any feedback would be appreciated. :silver:
HI THERE I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH THE REAR BUMBER ON MY COOPER S , SO TOOK IT STRAIGHT BACK IN THE THE DEARLER,THEY SAID THEY COULD HARDLY SEE IT UNTILL I CONPLAINED A BIT MORE AND HAVE NOW OFFERED TO REPAINT IT BUT I WASN`T HAPPY WITH THAT,SO THEY ARE NOW GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH A BRAND NEW ONE.WAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN BRIGHT SUN LIGHT IS LIKE A LEOPARD SORT OF THING.ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY COULDN`T SEE IT BUT I`VE WORKED IN A BODY SHOP SO NO WAT I, LOOKING AT. YOU SHOULD GET IT SORTED,ONLY TROUBLE WITH SILVER IS ITS A HARD COLOR TO MATCH SO NORMALLY THEY HAVE TO FLASH INTO THE AJOINING PANEL.SO I YOU DO GET IT DONE MAKE SURE IT DOES MATCH IN ALL LIGHTs..! OTHERWISE IT WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUM IN FEW YEAR AND IF YOU SELL IT , BUYERS MAY NOTICE AND THINK YOU`VE HAD MORE WORK DONE THAN YOU HAVE....? HOPE THATS OF SOME HELP :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Hammer
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing