204,985 Posts
Definately!

Go for it :D

·
Brrrp Brrrp!!!
280 Posts
sa3dos said:
Hey there,

I wanted to take your opinion whether I should have a paint job on my JCW rims turnin them White.

Your opinion will be appreciated.
Could look a bit much with the black body paint. I was thinking of painting my rims dark gray to be different! It might work for you too. :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi... am actually thinking of getting my 5 star's done in black.. how much did your white cost and how did you get the centres done ?

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually you have a point guys,, it would look nicer with White. I will do it

Thanks for your opinion.

I should ask for Powder coating,, its the best,, am i correct ?

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
always think that the black white combo looks better with the white wheels - be prepared to spend time cleaning them though :rolleyes: :D

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
sa3dos said:
Actually you have a point guys,, it would look nicer with White. I will do it

Thanks for your opinion.

I should ask for Powder coating,, its the best,, am i correct ?
Powder coating will be more durable, also more expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Powder coating

I am interested in having my wheels painted or powder coated white too. I think they's look great on my Indi Blue/white Cooper. But I was told by a wheel repair shop that powder coating wheels is not a good idea. According to them, powder coating will not allow the wheels to flex...??...not sure why you'd want that. But, the shop did not do powder coating, perhaps he was trying to convince me to use them?

Has anyone heard something similar?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Firstly, I think your wheels look really good. If I were you, as it appears you have your doubts, I would leave it a month to give you some time to think before making a decision.

Having said that, white wheels could really set the car off. At the end of the day it involves some bravory on your part to make the decision to go ahead with it!

Good Luck! :D

p.s. If it were me, I have to admit I would probably go for it! Life's too short not too and I highly doubt it would make the car look silly as everything (roof/stripes/wheels) would be nicely colour coded then :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts