MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new here I just wanted to know if anyone has painted thier fender flares to match the paint and if so are you happy or does it chip or flake let me know please cant wait to get my Mini cooper S this spring in the US. Peace;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Not a straight answer I am afraid, but I have seen colour coded flares, but it would be more than just painting them.

They would have to be prepped and smoothed etc. I am sure if a pro did it it would be no worse than any other 'colour coded trim'.

Anyone in the paint business care to add to this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have just spoke to my dealer about this, and they can prep and paint them for you, no problem.
It's right that you cannot just paint them, because after a short while, it'll just crack and flake off.
It's the prep that's the key.
I wonder why BMW don't make this an option?

·
Registered
888 Posts
No-one asked for my opinion, so here it is - to paint the black bits of the MINI body-coloured would completely ruin the whole effect of the car!

Why try to make it look like every other car on the road when the designers have given it such a funky look?

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
AER said:
I have just spoke to my dealer about this, and they can prep and paint them for you, no problem.
It's right that you cannot just paint them, because after a short while, it'll just crack and flake off.
It's the prep that's the key.
I wonder why BMW don't make this an option?
Hi m8, how much did the dealer say it would be? I'm seriously thinking about this, as my car is gonna be metallic black anyway.

Cheers m8

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
apparently the paint that is used is of a nylon solution which allows for the paint to flex and stretch with the plastic arches, there you don't get any cracks what have you.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts