MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Fast Lane
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far a mods go, I think the Palo Uber rear wing extension looks fantastic. (in the pictures)
But does it actually do what is claims to do and improve the handling of the car?

Palo Uber London "" NEW "" THE WORLDS ONLY REAR WING ""EXTENSION"" In Military Grade Carbon Fiber.....Downforce where YOU NEED IT ....Fits All 2002-2006

I know Minimania UK stock the flexible wing Extension, which is slightly different to the one listed above. Has anyone sourced it from the UK and do you have any photos, and roughly what was the cost?

Minimania Palo Uber flexible extension: REAR SPOILER EXTENSION BY PALO UBER - MiniMania.com

Attachments

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
I got mine direct from Palo Uber in the States, they were running a discount deal for members on NAM (North American Motoring). Can't remember the exact cost but Mrs Hartge bought it for me as a pressie last xmas:biggrin:.

Can't say I've noticed any difference to the handling (maybe I'm not driving fast enough:hmph:), they also reckon it helps keep the back of the car cleaner, not the case I'm afraid, I still get a dirty rear end:p.

Ididn't expect it to make a lot (if any) difference to the handling to be honest, I got it because I haven't seen many in the UK & I loved the look of it & it ties in with the rest of the carbon fibre on my car:wink:

Here's a couple of piccies ...

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Do a Search Titles Only for "uber" in the NAM 1st Generation MINIs forums and you'll find some threads reviewing both the Palo Uber "wing" offerings.

You should read other threads and reviews on Palo Uber before dealing with this company.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
I read a lot about the problems with PU on NAM before I bought this spoiler but it was one of those 'must have' things for me & so I went ahead anyway. The first one to be sent didn't arrive within the specified delivery time(it was stolen at Heathrow airport apparently), after a couple of emails back & forth (answered very quickly & politely) another one was dispatched along with a free stubby aerial by way of apology, with tracking numbers etc to help it arrived safe & sound.

I am well pleased with it & loads of people have commented how good it looks. A very happy camper here:biggrin:

·
The Fast Lane
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Palo Uber sounds like a really rubbish company.....

I do still want one, so I'll get one from Minimania UK where I know the service is good.

Thanks for all your advise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really old thread but came across it through a Google search. I have just listed a genuine Palo Uber CF wing extension on eBay UK if anyone is still after one. Search for Palo Uber. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts