MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

just want to ask....... can someone recommand me to the best panel filter for mcs? which one give the most power gain? should i go for foam type or oil type panel filter?

i was thinking abt a CAI kit but some people tell me that CAI doesn't really give much performance gain, only better sound,

·
Registered
656 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys,

just want to ask....... can someone recommand me to the best panel filter for mcs? which one give the most power gain? should i go for foam type or oil type panel filter?

i was thinking abt a CAI kit but some people tell me that CAI doesn't really give much performance gain, only better sound,
I'm using a K/N panel filter ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Pipercross foam is a good piece as well.
Honestly there really isn't going to be a performance difference.
A CAI will get you more than the panel filter will though.

You have the same negative mentality about the cat back systems as well.
I think you need to pick different "they" and "some people" to listen to. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
IML337 said:
umm... you just agreed with what asinn said :confused:
No, I said there won't be any noticeable difference between any of the panel filters.

asinn said
"i was thinking abt a CAI kit but some people tell me that CAI doesn't really give much performance gain, only better sound,"

I said
"Pipercross foam is a good piece as well.
Honestly there really isn't going to be a performance difference.
A CAI will get you more than the panel filter will though."

How does that have me agreeing with what he said??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just fiited a Pipercross panel filter to my MCS. Easy to fit apart from the hose clip which was a bast*rd. Slightly sharper pickup on the throttle (similar to running with optimax) and supercharger can be heard a touch more.

Don't do what i did and buy on ebay for more than they're selling for on the Pipercross site. DOH!

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys,

Just wanted to mention one thing, a foam type filter uses oil on the foam to trap the dirt. The basic types of panel filters are; oiled foam(such as UNI), cotton gauze (such as K & N), and pleated paper (stock, fram, purolator etc).

I am running the UNI panel filter. Not sure if it makes more power but I like the idea and I have had excellant results with oiled foam filters in the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts