MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
* Lab Rat *
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Soon to take delivery of a spangly new R56 S, and was wondering if anyone else had experience of the Paramount Performance tuning module. It's a plug in and go kit, so can easily be removed for servicing or when I swap for another MINI.

All thoughts appreciated - and I know some of you will tell me to get a proper remap :)

Ayde

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
yeah but i'd take that with a pinch of sort, i mean i know a guy down the pub who says he played football at school with david beckham and taught him everything he knows.

Sorry 236bhp from just a remap is pie in sky
I haven't said anything, but I do agree with you.

We spent a huge amount of hours developing the software for the Mini and the max we saw with software only was 218bhp.

We saw a max 241bhp with the same software with the addition of a Milltek full system and Forge Motorsport intercooler.

·
Banned
28 Posts
yeah but i'd take that with a pinch of sort, i mean i know a guy down the pub who says he played football at school with david beckham and taught him everything he knows.

Sorry 236bhp from just a remap is pie in sky
Unfortunatly you are wrong its not pie in the sky. Why hate something thats good jealous? Maybe?!

Now i add my dyno graph of the car after the re-map was added, ONLY THE RE-MAP!

I look forward to you retracting your statement.

All i have done is remove any evidence of the tuner so as not to premote.

Jammal

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jammal, what are the two lines on there? Is it a before an after or have they added in a "standard" curve for comparison?

Also, where;s the torque curve?

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Was that run done in 3rd!?

Also Jammal is your car completely stock other than the re-map?

·
Banned
28 Posts
The lesser line is a "standard" curve correct. It was run in 3rd gear it says in the bottom right corner i believe. The torque curve is to follow i am just scanning it in as i only have it in print out form. hopefully put it on tonight when i get time.

And yes my car at the time was 2 months old and had done just over 1,500miles and was completly stock until the re-map was done.

·
Banned
28 Posts
P.s. Anyone in the Southampton area that would like to feel "proof in the pudding" i would be more than happy to take you for a spin. Also to show that the car is stock apart from the re-map.

Just a thought.

Jammal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ignore that dyno plot, it is false and has been artificially inflated.

Paramount Performance have been warned by Dyno Dynamanics for doing this, if they continue to do this they loose their dyno license removed.

To work out if the plot is fake look at the intake temp (IT) and ambient temp (AT) there is a difference of 64 degress. The dyno software makes an automatic correction for high intake temperature and adds this to the bhp figure. The way the dyno operator does this is to drop the air intake probe onto a hot part of the engine like the rad hose.

Sorry, but you have a fake dyno plot. If you want confirmation of this please call Mike Gurney who is the Dyno Dynamics distributor for the UK. His number is 07765 592 682.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Ignore that dyno plot, it is false and has been artificially inflated.

Paramount Performance have been warned by Dyno Dynamanics for doing this, if they continue to do this they loose their dyno license removed.

To work out if the plot is fake look at the intake temp (IT) and ambient temp (AT) there is a difference of 64 degress. The dyno software makes an automatic correction for high intake temperature and adds this to the bhp figure. The way the dyno operator does this is to drop the air intake probe onto a hot part of the engine like the rad hose.

Sorry, but you have a fake dyno plot. If you want confirmation of this please call Mike Gurney who is the Dyno Dynamics distributor for the UK. His number is 07765 592 682.
I'm pleased someone has stated this, I didn't want to say.

As we have said already 230+bhp is only possible when fitted with a full exhaust. An intercooler is also recoemmended.

Too many guys giving false figures and fake Dyno plots only put worry into customer minds. It extremely annoying:angry:

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Guys we have banned a paramount promoter in the past. I have to agree with the others that those numbers look wrong. My advice would be to avoid paramount as they don't seem to be honest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi there

I wasnt going to post but couldnt help myself.........
Regardless of dyno figures the proof is in the driving.......we got a good discount on our Paramount box a few months ago and love it!! I can assure anyone here our MCS with the box fitted is easily capable of matching a MCS with the JCW engine kit fitted FACT....!!! Be that in a straight line or on a track!!

Why am I so sure......becasue we have compaired performace to my brothers R56 MCS with JCW engine kit fttted around Cadwell park several times......

At the end of the day BHP figures arnt that important to me, but the driving is far more important.
The figures maybe wrong and im not too sure why they have done it...as it is a good product.

Just my 10p worth

Kenny

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Why not take your car to Performance Torque and see what it is really putting out? Sorry, but they were very underhanded when dealing with them here and I will not recommend them to anyone. How can you trust someone to touch your car when they are clearly flubbing the numbers to make you think you are getting more for your money?

I'd pass...

·
Registered
58 Posts
At the end of the day BHP figures arnt that important to me, but the driving is far more important.
1/ They didnt ever touch my car....I fitted it
2/ I know they dont actually make the unit....but I know who do......
3/ I didnt fancy anyone messing with the ECU map whilst still under warrenty...
4/ At the end of the day BHP figures arnt that important to me, but the driving is far more important.

·
Boosted
480 Posts
What they are trying to say is there is no doubt its making power, but 236bhp? If you test against a 192 JCW car it would leave it dead with that much difference in power, not only just beat it, kill it. 44bhp... that is a huge difference in a car like the MINI.
As you say gtm-ken its all about how the car feels after and i agree, what i guess everyone doesn't like is the inflation in the gains found to steal headlines to generate sales.
Is the unit they use the Steinbauer box?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts