MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parking sensors let out a screech and now I don't think are working. Could it be as simple as the reversing light bulb blowing, or a fuse gone?

I'll check properly at the weekend, but any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

G&G

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly it was diagnosed as a sensor fault. It will take 6 weeks to get the part and a total cost of over £200 to replace.

Oh yes - and £30 to diagnose the fault!

Hope yours has warranty. Mine hasn't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
could be other reasons why it stopped working.. heres what happened to mine..

the PDC electrical circuit is linked to the power steering fan... When the fan is stuck or gets jammed, it will blow the fuse. the PDC and power steering fan shares the same fuse..

What this also means is people without PDC will never know if their power steering cooling fan has stopped working.. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Only the S model has the fan :) another common fault is the reversing light switch, check to see if your reversing lights are working.

·
Registered
130 Posts
could be other reasons why it stopped working.. heres what happened to mine..

the PDC electrical circuit is linked to the power steering fan... When the fan is stuck or gets jammed, it will blow the fuse. the PDC and power steering fan shares the same fuse..

What this also means is people without PDC will never know if their power steering cooling fan has stopped working.. :)
Where is the fuse ? In the usual fuse box or somewhere else ?
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts