MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first parking ticket today, after 7 months of driving.

£25 out of pocket. Very Depressed even though it wasnt much. Just the carelessness of me i guess.

Anybody else got parking ticket depression or got a high count?

:frown:

·
I get my kicks in an R56
481 Posts
Had two, but admittedly not in the last 5 years. Used to get them at school when the student car park was full up and we used a layby outside the school which was limited to 2 hours parking.

Unfortunately you couldn't run out of double maths to move you're car!!

Mind you, Tonbridge and Malling BC robbed me of £30 for the priveledge

·
Registered
16 Posts
haha:p

i sooo nearly got one 2 days ago..

was parked in a deliveries only layby in the middle of town so i could grab a subway..came back and she was writing me a ticket.. after pleading with her she let me off if i left immidiately..phew!

·
MINIac
90 Posts
I got one the other week up at Dove Stones reservoir, parked causing an obstruction along the stonewall, had a pay and display ticket.

Didn't realise it wasn't a bay as further up they have the area by the wall as valid parking, and I was too impressed with my parallel park effort to realise it wasn't a designated bay.

:(

He even marked down my car as a blue BMW, wondered if i could appeal on that grounds alone hehe. but coughed up instead.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha woody complete same sitch with me. Had to park on this road with only 1 hour!!
Its not even anywhere near anything busy, so really i dont know why its 1.

But yeah i had double business so couldnt get out and i just completely forgot. I did how ever run out in the end to find i was 3 mins late :(

Elliott i was parked the road near St John Fisher

·
Registered
541 Posts
I got one the other week up at Dove Stones reservoir, parked causing an obstruction along the stonewall, had a pay and display ticket.

Didn't realise it wasn't a bay as further up they have the area by the wall as valid parking, and I was too impressed with my parallel park effort to realise it wasn't a designated bay.

:(

He even marked down my car as a blue BMW, wondered if i could appeal on that grounds alone hehe. but coughed up instead.
I am sure I've spotted your MINI before, driving past the garage in stalybridge I think you even let me out. Do you have a "no photos please" sticker in the back of your MINI? I have a MINI2 sticker in my back window ;)..

I got a parking ticket AND a massive sticker saying that my MINI could be towed away after I parked in a taxi bay on a Sunday night! Serves me right though..tut tut naughty nic :(

·
MINIac
90 Posts
I am sure I've spotted your MINI before, driving past the garage in stalybridge I think you even let me out. Do you have a "no photos please" sticker in the back of your MINI? I have a MINI2 sticker in my back window ;)..

I got a parking ticket AND a massive sticker saying that my MINI could be towed away after I parked in a taxi bay on a Sunday night! Serves me right though..tut tut naughty nic :(
Yeah! That's me :D

I'll always let a MINI out if I can ;)

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
Anybody else got parking ticket depression or got a high count?

:frown:
the city i lived in before my current city had a no-tolerance policy for tickets ... the first time and every time you got a ticket, you were towed. the person writing the ticket stayed with your car while the truck came. even if the driver was there, you had to pay the fees in cash or your car would be towed. ticket was $80 and towing was another $100 if you got it out within 6 hours, $150 if it was 6-24 hours, and $200 past 24 hours.

needless to say, I never tried to push the limits of parking laws ... :eek:

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
I always parked in the 2hour limit areas in Leaminton Spa when I worked in town. I found it would be cheapr to get a parkign ticket every week rather than go to the pay and display.

In 2 years I was the only one in the office to never get a parking ticket :D

Managed to get a ticket last month in Worcester. I always wondered if there were traffic wardens about at night when it says you need a ticket until 9pm. I can tell you, there was one at 8:30pm! Gits!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah! That's me :D

I'll always let a MINI out if I can ;)
I thought it was you :) I was going to wave but got scared as you had a lady friend in the car with you.

Keep a look out for me though cos I'm always around those parts I have a black one with chrome wing mirrors and a MINI2 and NorthernMINI sticker in the back window :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
these are amature charges...... i parked in a car park by a chip shop that had changed hands, buying a kebab came outside n my mini was in the air....2 weeks before christmas, had 2 pay 295 quid to stop it being towed...its was 11:45pm had 305 quid in my account, the towing company's policy was after midnight another 100 quid a night so i had 2 pay up cos otherwise i couldnt afford it..........pretty **** christmas for every1 else since i couldnt buy anything!!!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Sounds crap weemann. I have escaped a parking ticket, in a train station car park! We once got one for another car (my dads) and they got the reg wrong, so that never got paid... Our car wasn't in the wrong;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts