MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great bit of kit this NewMINIStuff.com
It is a full bluetooth hands free kit with phonebook download onto its removeable colour screen.
The controller is wireless so you can put it whenever you want (it also comes with a steering wheel mount)
You can browse your phone using the scroll wheel.
It also features an ipod connector (with 5 volt charging for the latest ipods & iphones), a USB connector, SD card slot & aux plug. Your MP3 details appear on the colour screen & you can fully browse using the scroll wheel.
The system has a built in digital amp & actually sounds better than the standard stereo in the 2nd gen Mini.
Note: volume control for your MP3's is done from the wireless controller not the stereo or MFSW.
In the pic I have used our no holes keyslot mount for the screen

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mikey, looks like a great kit, your a lucky man Scotty.
The mount you've attached the display to is it angled towards the driver or does it remain flat on the dash, ie pointing slightly towards the drivers door? Also does the display cover the mount completely so there is no ugly metal showing?

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I twisted the mount slightly so its facing the driver
The display just about covers the mount, but I cut the mount down on this to be sure

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
I want one of these and as far as I can see my options are:

Drive a 300 mile round trip and get Mikey to fit it
Go to Halfords and get them to fit it (sort of free)
Fit it myself after buying kit from Mikey

The Halfords option is the least attractive and I was keen to see how difficult it was to fit myself-is there a PDF of the fitting instructions?

I have a 2008 Clubman does the kit use the microphone that seems to be next to the rear view mirror already?
Is there room for another mount for a sat nav mount power take off (since I'll be taking the stereo out anyway)
Can plug a sat nav output AND the 9200 unit into the stereo so that both sounds come out of the car speakers

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want one of these and as far as I can see my options are:

Drive a 300 mile round trip and get Mikey to fit it
Go to Halfords and get them to fit it (sort of free)
Fit it myself after buying kit from Mikey

The Halfords option is the least attractive and I was keen to see how difficult it was to fit myself-is there a PDF of the fitting instructions?

I have a 2008 Clubman does the kit use the microphone that seems to be next to the rear view mirror already?
Is there room for another mount for a sat nav mount power take off (since I'll be taking the stereo out anyway)
Can plug a sat nav output AND the 9200 unit into the stereo so that both sounds come out of the car speakers
Check if they can fit it - the 2nd gen Mini is on the 'we can't do' list of a certain national chain;) although some branches will take it on & call in an outside fitter
There are no major technical reasons for you not to do it yourself you just need plenty of time
You can fit both the phone kit & nav interface
Our power take off also uses a different socket in the car than the phone kit
You need to use the mic that comes with the parrot

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Yes it's the "plenty of time" bit I'm not keen on............I was quite keen to find out exactly what I had to do.

As far as I can work out the advantage of Mikey's kit is it comes with a "no holes" mount and it bypasses the bass limiter on the rear speakers. When I asked a dealer to fit one (most refused) they wanted £150 plus vat, would not give any warranty on the work because it wasn't a BMW kit and they would not bypass the bass limiter.

I did go into Halfords and they did look on their computer for a MINI "estate", the fitter was "out to lunch" and I was not at all confident that they knew what they were talking about. However they did quote £20.99 for the wiring adaptor so I assume they could do it.............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brought one last week

I brought one of these two weeks ago from connectmycar.com
and had it installed in my wife's Mini. Cost me around £220 including an installation service at my home. As the engineer was finishing up he even showed us how to use the parrot hands free kit with our phones and ipod. really good piece of kit. I think the kit alone is about £160 so for an extra 40 quid you get the installation and any of those looms, or connectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts