MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can someone help me identify a part number as my parts department at the local dealership is as good as a chocolate teapot!

I have a Cooper clubman and have decided to swap from the run-flats to standard tyres.

I went into the dealership today to get a price on the space saver wheel and tyre, At first the parts guy tried to tell me I couldn't have the space saver wheel as it wasn't available on a Cooper clubman! After arguing with him that it is an option when you order the car even if you have run-flats and that I have a large well in the boot for it to go in he gave me a price (after much clicking on his pc)
Ouch!! as a result I have ordered the wheel from them but will source the tyre from elsewhere.
The wheel is £47, then the tyre would have been £68 plus fitting and the guy didn't know how much their tyre fitter would charge.
I also asked about the Hub cap puller (the little metal ring with the bent end) and he said no such part exists, I have since found the part number for that (71 11 1 507 294) on Realoem.com.
I also want the handbolt thing that keeps the space saver wheel bolted to the floor in the clubman (there is a threaded nut in the floor of the wheel well in the clubman) but he didn't know about that either and since Realoem don't have the clubman listed I can't get the part number from there.

So does anyone know the part number for the threaded bolt that secures the space saver wheel in the boot of a clubman please.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi
The number on the wheel holding nut is MINI 6781466 CZ ,I don't know if this is a part number or a manufacturing number.
Barry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back to pick up my space saver wheel from the dealership and made the parts muppet search through the computer for the retainer for the wheel.

It comes in 2 parts, the bolt which screws into the floor of the clubman 36 10 6 782 325
and the retainer 36 10 6 781 466

I managed to get a space saver tyre fitted for £43.95 much cheaper than the £68+VAT + fitting from the MINI dealer.

Just to say that the non-runflats making an amazing difference to the ride quality and I would definitely recommend them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With regards the polystyrene insert that was in the wheel well. I have removed this and taken all the tools/jack out of it.

I went into Halfords (a local car parts/ accessories store) and bought a fabric tool roll for £7.99 which is perfect for the MINI as it is black with orange trim, matches the MINI colourings perfectly.

This I have then placed inside the spare wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Vicki

Is it a lot quiter now with standard tyres as my car seems to make a lot of of tyre noise on certain rough road surfaces?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts