MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with a rattle issue in the lower speaker grille(s) on either of their doors? I originally had a 2002 Cooper with a very tin-sounding rattle in the lower speaker of the passenger door, then upgraded in 2004 to the Cooper S with the H/K system thinking that would solve the problem. I've had the same issue in my second MINI since the day I drove it off the lot. The door panel has been replaced, and the dealership has assured me that they've installed the felt-backed tape everywhere within the door. The rattle appears to stop if pressure is applied directly to the grille. I hear it often when the car is cold, and it's audible either with or without the stereo on. Obviously, it's MUCH worse when music is playing -- but my settings for the H/K system's bass control are in the neutral (center) position...so it's not due to too much bass and bump. Aside from wearing earplugs, anyone know how to solve this problem without costing a fortune? :indi:

·
Mini2 Regular
43 Posts
63_RileyElf said:
Is anyone familiar with a rattle issue in the lower speaker grille(s) on either of their doors? I originally had a 2002 Cooper with a very tin-sounding rattle in the lower speaker of the passenger door, then upgraded in 2004 to the Cooper S with the H/K system thinking that would solve the problem. I've had the same issue in my second MINI since the day I drove it off the lot. The door panel has been replaced, and the dealership has assured me that they've installed the felt-backed tape everywhere within the door. The rattle appears to stop if pressure is applied directly to the grille. I hear it often when the car is cold, and it's audible either with or without the stereo on. Obviously, it's MUCH worse when music is playing -- but my settings for the H/K system's bass control are in the neutral (center) position...so it's not due to too much bass and bump. Aside from wearing earplugs, anyone know how to solve this problem without costing a fortune? :indi:
I know what you mean here. I'm going to see what the dealer can do, when its in for its next service (only a couple of Thou away). Its all warranty work IMO though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.